I am a wife and a mother of three.

24/05/2015

KELLY ORAM AND GUESTS

AUTHOR INTERVIEW
WITH
KELLY ORAM



please welcome the amazing the author behind the brilliant new fairytale Cinder & Ella and so many othe fantastic stories, KELLY ORAM.



Hi Kelly,Tell us a little about yourself?
I read a lot and talk way too much. My imagination never stops, I’m easy going, I’m sarcastic, and I’m left-handed. I’m a big sports nut. (Watching not playing because I am SO not athletic.) I love to sing,  play golf, and spend time outdoors. I’m a beach bum. (Or I was when I used to live by the beach.) And I am a wife of thirteen years, mother to four crazy kids, and owner of one very cool cat named Mr. Darcy.





How would you describe your books?
If I had to sum them up in a word? I’d say they’re fluffy. I love to write fun, light, witty banter, and I have to have romance! I need books with kissing!
Share with us a quote from one of your favourite characters in your books?
“She questioned my sexual preference in a highly offensive way, so my fist questioned the proximity of her face in an even more offensive way.” ~ Ellie Westley, Serial Hottie




Is it hard to come up with new idea's
and / or plot's?
Not at all. I have way more ideas in my head than I have time to write. The hardest part for me is keeping myself from trying to write too many of them at once!
 Without giving anything away, what is your favourite scene in Cinder & Ella?
Probably when Cinder & Ella meet in person for the first time. It’s such a fun scene and you’ve been anticipating it for so long that you’re kind of holding your breath as it plays out. I LOVED writing that scene!

OUT NOW TO DOWNLOAD
 How did you come up with the title?
 I knew what it would be right from the beginning. As soon as I knew I was going to write a book about two people with an online relationship that would need screen names, Cinder & Ella just made sense. 
If you had to choose,which writer would you consider a mentor?
Meg Cabot. I love just about every book she’s ever written. She’s an author I try to aspire to be like, in tone, voice, and writing style. And she was one of the first YA authors I discovered and really helped me develop a love for reading.
What book are you reading now?
I recently read Kiss of Deception by Karen Lynch. I’m going to start one called Going Down In Flames by Chris Cannon this evening. Hopefully it’s good, I love dragon books!
What are your current projects?
My main priority right now is finishing the Supernaturals series and the Jamie Baker series, but I also have a stand-alone contemporary romance and a stand-alone ghost romance in the works.
Is there anything you find particularly challenging in your writing?
Action scenes! I suck at them. I usually have to write, and rewrite them, and then I’m never satisfied. They’re definitely my biggest writing insecurity because I struggle with them so much.
Who designed the covers?
My husband is my cover designer. He’s so talented! I’m lucky to be married to a creative genius artist.

KELLY'S MANY BOOKS ALL AVALIBLE ON AMAZON

What is your favourite movie?
Die Hard. (The Pride & Prejudice mini series with Colin Firth as Mr. Darcy is a close second.)
How long does it take you to complete a novel from concept to completion?
 It varies a lot. The shortest took a month and Jamie three has been a work in progress for almost a year now. On average I’d say it’s about a four- to six-month project from start to finish.
 Have you ever trashed a novel or story before or after finishing it, feeling it wasn't turning out as you planned?
 I’ve trashed a number of projects, but I don’t think I’ve ever finished one and then trashed it. I can usually tell a lot sooner than that if it’s not going to work. It’s always hard to give up on a story though. It kills me every time it happens.
 Out of all your brilliant characters, which ones were you favourite?
 My favorite girl is Ellie Westley. She’s the feisty tomboy from Serial Hottie. She’s just so much fun. She’s silly, and imaginative, and feisty and hot tempered. She’s crazy! I love her! My favorite boy is Russ Devereaux from my Supernaturals series. I love him because he’s so sarcastic and funny, and charming. But he’s also so complicated. He’s so strong, but he can be very vulnerable too. He wears his heart on his sleeve, and I like that.
Which one of your awesome books would you like to see be made in to a movie?
Hard to choose just one! I’d love to see V is for Virgin as a movie and Serial Hottie could  be really fun as well. And honetly, I’d love to see Cinder & Ella on the big screen. I also think Being Jamie Baker would make a great TV show. Mover over Smallville, there’s a new superhero in town!




TEASER FROM KELLY'S NEW RELEASE CINDER & ELLA

TEASER TWO FROM KELLY'S NEW RELASE CINDER & ELLA


Can you write on demand and under pressure, or do you need time and space before the creativity starts to flow and how do you over come writers block?
It’s not always easy, but I’ve trained myself to write on demand over the years. On occasion if I’m just that stuck, I will step away for a bit and come back later, but for the most part I force myself to get a little bit done every day. There are too many distractions in life that if I waited for every time I was just “feeling the flow,” I’d never get anything done. Though, once I get going, I can usually find my zone and get some good writing done, regardless of whether I was in the mood to write when I started.




Who or what inspired you to write Cinder and Ella?



I’ve just always wanted to write my own version of Cinderella. It’s my favorite fairy tale and I’ve always known that someday I’d write it. I just had to find the perfect story for it.





 Will there be another book to follow
 Cinder & Ella? Maybe a short holiday special.


I don’t have any plans at this point. I have some ideas for a Rob novel, but I’ve got to finish some of my current works in progress before I can even think about it.


*********************************************************


Ella has gotten into a accident that left her crippled and scared for life, cinder is secretly a heart throb and everyone is conspiring against them .
Ella has a really hard life, after the accident she has to go and live with her father that she hasn’t seen or talked to since she was eight year old and his new family.
The kids at her new school are heartless towards and her. Ana her one stepsister is a right witch, she is not only horrible towards Ella but she tries ruin her life anyway that she can. Ella’s only friend is cinder458, her best friend. He is a boy she has known through her blog for 3 years but Cinder is not who he says he is. when fate steps in how will Ella react when she finds out exactly who the real cinder is?
This story is like nothing I have ever read before, I have heard the cinderella story told in many different ways. but the way Kelly oram has wrote it is the best one I have come across, its a modern day twist on a very classic fairytale.
 the story was beautifully written, the way cinder reacts when they meet was so sweet, tender and passionate. He was really caring considering every thing that she went through. 
This is a story of love loss and pain. This has to be  the one book i reckon that needs to be made into a movie A.S.A.P, everyone is going to love this story.
 This one was the first book I have read by Kelly and i can be 100% sure I will be downloading  MANY more of her books.
highly recommended read, 5/5 star rating

Make sure you go to amazon and order now, CINDER & ELLA

No comments:

Post a Comment