I am a wife and a mother of three.

23/05/2015

ADDISON JANE


Hello Addison Tell us a little about yourself?

I'm 26, I'm a single parent to an amazing little girl, I work part time with children and also have a degree in primary school teaching. I am from a little country called New Zealand! I'm a reading addict, like seriously, I actually think I may have a problem.

How would you describe your books?

I am in love with the idea of romance so that what's I write. We all go through struggles and I enjoy writing about a character who fights and wins. I like to show passion in my books but they won't be filled with copious amounts of sex. Whilst I love to read that style, it's not my favorite part of a book to write.

What genre is your work mainly? Do you tend to stay in the same vein or are you hoping ( if not already) to explore new ventures?

Romance with a touch of erotic. I think I will mostly stay within that genre, simply because it's what I'm most passionate a out right now.

Can you share with us a quote from one of
 your favorite characters?

Sam from Missing Link
"You don't get to judge my choices. I fight every day. I fight the bile that rises in my throat every time he touches me, I fight to keep myself sane in this ridiculous prison, I fight the urge to piss Charlie off in hopes that he might actually finish the job next time." I said sternly, pointing to the fading bruises that decorated my throat. "I fight because it’s not just my life on the line if I screw up."

Is it hard to come up with new idea's
 or plot's?

Not at all! I am constantly starting new stories when something comes to me, it's completing them that I have to push myself.

How long does it take you to complete a finished book?

Missing Link was my first ever completed book, altogether I suppose it took me 6 months. I hope not so long for the next one!

Who is the easiest character to write for and why? Hardest and why?

I find it easier to write for a character who is broken or has something to lose. The emotions are running so high and there are so many of them that I find it is easier for me to put across who they are in words. I find it hard to write about someone who is happy, lol.

Are your characters based on real people? People you may know on Tv or Movie stars?

I often base my characters looks on someone I know, sometimes their mannerisms also, usually girls as I don't have many hunky tattooed men friends. Lol.

Without giving anything away ,what is or are your favorite scenes in your book?

Why my character finally stands up and fight back. It's empowering.

What's up next for you?

I hope to write the next book in The Finders series, it will be about Rome and Isla. But I've just started working on something new that has me super excited.

Do you have any hobbies?

Apart from reading? Lol. I like to draw, I write poetry, I like to create. I make book trailers for authors too, using music and pictures to create a world that I've read about is amazing.

Is there anyone besides you in your family who writes?

Not at all!

When did you start.What was your first published piece?

My first published piece was just released in November! And it was only because a close author friend of mine pushed me to do it. And I am so grateful for that.

Do you have any favorite books or authors?

Oh dear me, the list is huge! But to name a couple, Tijan and the fallen crest series is my absolute favourite.
Ava manello, Bella jewel, Debra Kayn, Tillie Cole, Callie Hart. All amazing authors.

Out of all the books and stories you've written which is your favorite?

I started writing a sort of, post apocalyptic book when I was around 14, I plan on re-writing it and releasing it in the future!

Do you have a favorite character?

I don't have many to choose from right now, but I think Charlie, my villain in Missing Link has a story that needs to be told one day.

What is your favorite genre to write ?

Romance! Falling in love is something I think nearly everyone can relate to.

What are your favorite movies?

I can't really say I have many favorites but I'm very much a comedy person. I try my best to avoid anything that will make me cry, and horror movies are a huge NO.

How long have you been writing?

Since I was around 12. I filled books and books with writing when I was making my way through high school.

Who or what has been your biggest literary influence?

My friends play a huge part in what I write. I feel the need to tell their stories (even though it's exaggerated more often than not.) but things that happen to them often give me plot ideas.

How Difficult is it for you to come up with one of your brilliant plots?

Not very hard. Hearing a story about someone, seeing something on the news, documentaries. Anything can become a story.

How about characters? Are they easily born and developed?

Not as easily, I often take inspiration from my friends but sometimes characters can turn out to be something you really didn't expect when you began writing them. It can be a surprise for me as much as the reader, so you just have to go with the story they want to tell.

About how long does it take you to take for you to complete a novel from concept to completion?

My first and only published novel took a round 6 months. Only because I never planned to publish it to begin with.

Have you ever trashed a novel or story before or after finishing it, feeling it wasn't turning out as you planned?

Never trashed, but is have a few story's I've started that haven't been finished because things headed in a different direction than I originally planned and I needed to regroup on where I wanted the story to go.

Any funny experiences or quirks you'd like to share with your readers?

I really really want to write children's books! I have a four year old with an amazing imagination and some of the stories she tells me really should be written!

Which one of your books would you like to see made into a movie?

The book I am currently working on is about a young girl who is forced onto the streets, but there she finds the family she never had. I would love to see that.

What is your favorite band or artist?

Paramore!

What was it like to publish your 
first book?

Amazing. A dream I never thought would come true. Until recently I never knew anything about the Indie community and thought publishing a book was something that was so far fetched.

What advice would you give to others who want to make writing their career?

Just keep going. You don't need anyone's permission to tell the stories that you have in your head. Share them with the world and just keep sharing.

Do you ever get ideas at random moments, and if so how do you hang on to them?

My iPad is ALWAYS with me. Always.

How do you overcome writers block and do you have a special place you like to write?

Writers block is hard. Usually I just need to take a step back and concentrate on my life for a while and return to it with fresh perspective. I love to write outside and only at the times I feel I need to get my ideas down. I can't sit down and force myself to write.

Can you write on demand and under pressure, or do you need time and space before the creativity starts to flow?

I can't write on demand. I need to have an idea or a scene in my head. Sitting down and trying to force something to come out has just never worked for me.

Who or what was the inspiration behind your books?

I get inspired by people's lives, things that happen to them, situations my friends are in, I watch a lot of documentaries and sometimes I see someone on there that I feel like needs to have their story told.

No comments:

Post a Comment