I am a wife and a mother of three.

24/05/2015

CM STUNICH

Author interview 
with 
CM STUNICH 


Please welcome The brilliant Author behind the series, THE HARD ROCK ROOTS thats taking amazon by storm, CM STUNICH .



Hi Catlin,Tell us a little about yourself?


My name is C.M. Stunich and I'm an author who likes to write fiction, no matter the genre - new adult, romance, erotica, fantasy, young adult, steampunk, paranormal, etc. I have way too many cats, dogs that are named after the characters in my books, and a green house that I wish was painted purple. Halloween is my favorite holiday, and I'm grateful for everyday that somebody picks up one of my books
 and reads it.


        How would you describe your books?


Crazy! LOL I like to write character driven stories with intense plots and strong female characters, sexy men, and ... cliff-hangers. Yeah, I really, really like cliff-hangers. ;)



  What genre is your work mainly, do you stay in the same vein or are you hoping to(if not already) to explore new ventures?








I work mostly in romance and erotica, but my favorite genre in the whole world to both read and write is urban fantasy. As long as my fingers get to hit the keyboard though, I'm happy with writing pretty much anything. Except literary fiction about women who open yarn stores and learn to love through the art of knitting and pearling. Anything except for that.


        Can you share with us a quote from one of your favourite characters?


"Sometimes, the only way to go forward is to take a few, careful steps back." - Never Ross from "Tasting, Finding, Keeping: The Story of Never"




      Ty McCabe from "Tasting Never" or Turner Campbell from "Get Bent" and why?




Um, this is a hard one! LOL If I had to pick a guy to marry, it would have to be Ty McCabe. While I love writing Turner and often laugh out loud at his craziness, I just think Ty is the sweetest "bad boy" ever. Plus, those butterfly tattoos on his arms? Priceless.








        Naomi Knox from "Real Ugly" or Never Ross from "Tasting Never" and why?




Naomi Knox. Even though this question is just as hard for me as the one about the boys. Both girls are strong and bada**, but since Naomi is a Rock Goddess, she's got to be my favorite of the two.








        What inspired you to write and how long have you been
 writing for?




I've been writing since before I can remember. I have boxes in my garage stuffed full of scribbles I jotted down as a child, stories so bad they'd make your teeth hurt. ;) I didn't ever really decide to write, just always have. It wasn't until I lost my job in 2012 though that I found myself actually deciding to turn my passion into a career.



        Who was the easiest character to write and the hardest to write?


Easiest character to write has to be Turner Campbell from "Real Ugly", just because he's so much and I can feel the story wheeling along with him at the helm to guide me. The hardest to write would have to be Never Ross from "Never Can Tell" because her life is so hard and her emotions so deep that I find myself getting drawn into them and feeling what she's feeling.


       




Without giving anything away, what is your favourite scene in your book(s)?




"In the midst of the gathering crowd around me, somebody smiles." This is the last line of "Real Ugly", and I love it because it really sets up the first clue for the series turning into something much, much crazier than just a "rock star" novel. I always grin when I reread it and find this line waiting for me.



        How much of the book is realistic and are any based on someone you know or events in your own life?



Well, I do a lot of research to make sure that everything that happens in the books is at least somewhat plausible. That way, when crazy events do occur, there's a solid foundation for them to stand on. I take inspiration from everything and everyone around me, so yes, definitely some of the characters and events are based on people in my own life. I don't think I could stop myself from doing that if I tried! =)







        Which actor/actress would you like to see playing your lead characters from any off your books in a movie?


These questions are always the hardest for me since I don't keep up with the world of Hollywood much. I really love Evan Peters from "American Horror Story" and would not mind seeing him as Caleb, the main character from my young adult fantasy novel, "The Seven Wicked: First". As far as my Hard Rock Roots series goes, the only actress I have picked out is for the character of Hayden. I'd love to see Kata Mara take on that role.



        When did you decide to become a writer?




I first decided to take my writing from passion/hobby to career in 2012. I lost my job and was having trouble finding another one. I took a few months there to focus on getting my books ready to publish instead and luckily it ended up working out for me! =)


        When you're not writing, how do you relax?




Relax? What is this foreign concept? LOL Reading, of course, is one of my all time favorite ways to pass the time. I'm also addicted to TV series like "Revenge" or "Orphan Black". Once I get started watching something like that, I can't stop!








        What is your favourite movie?




This changes for me all the time, so it's hard to say. I think right now, because of Halloween, it's got to be "Hocus Pocus". It's just so cheesy and ridiculous, how could you not love it?



        Is there one subject you would never write about as a author and what is it?



Women that own yarn stores. No, seriously. I just will flat-out refuse to write about yarn.

        
 Do you work out an outline or plot or do you prefer to see where an idea takes you?


I let the story take the wheel! ;) I don't ever outline or plot in advance. I feel like some stories are just floating out there in the universe, waiting to be told. If you relax your mind and let them come to you, they will.







        Any tips on what to do and what not to do when it comes to writing and do you have any advice for aspiring authors?


Finish your book! This is the absolute most important part of writing and admittedly, the most difficult. Some people get so wrapped up in finding a publisher or hiring a cover designer or what not, that they forget what this is all really about. Write, write, write, and read. That's it. Hone your craft and the rest will follow.



        What is your favourite genre to read and write??



Favorite genre to both read and write is urban fantasy. Strong female leads, sexy alpha males, vampires, werewolves, action, action, action. What more could you ask for?







        Is there anything you would like to say to your readers?


Yes! First off, that I heart their faces. Second, that readers give books their magic - without them, it's just words on a page. Thank you for that.



        How long does it take you to complete a book from start to publish and what was your first ever book and how did it feel to get it published?



The first book I ever published was "Hell Inc." and I was really excited about it because I'd started it when I was fifteen years old and while the new version had absolutely zero in common with the original, it was an idea I'd carried for almost a decade. To see it hit its finale was priceless. As far as how long it takes me to write a book, it varies depending on the length of the book, the research involved, intensity of emotions, etc. I've been known to take a few years to a week depending on the story.




    
Have you ever trashed a novel or story before finishing it feeling it wasn't going how you planned out?


Since I started publishing, no! I'm too stubborn. Once I've got an idea or concept in my head, I will do anything in my power to find the right avenue to get it to come out right. If it means I have to start over and rewrite the same scenes, but in a different way, I'll do it. Guess I'm just ornery like that. ;)



        Do you have a special time or place that you write?



I write anytime, anywhere. I used to be very picky about it, but I've learned to adapt, to let family and noise and excitement happen around me as I pound the keys. I've even written at dinner in an Olive Garden once. LOL


        Do you have any funny quirks or experiences you like to share with your readers?


I'm addicted to Thai iced tea, I write in my underwear and bra more often that not, and I'm deathly afraid of hot lava. ;)



        Do you ever get ideas at random moments and how do you hang on to them?


I get random ideas galore! Too many to count. ;) I have a longer to-write list than a to-read one. That's why I always keep a notebook around to scribble down the thoughts as they come. You never know when one of those babies might come in handy.



        Can you write on demand and under pressure or do you need time and space before the creativity starts to flow?



I write on demand and under pressure because I'm a procrastinator and that's the only thing that works for me. LOL If I know I have time to kill, I'll find myself with a wandering mind, scouring the Internet for news articles and checking Facebook every ten minutes like a crazy person.


        What's the the worst job you have
 done and why?



Working at a call center for Enterprise-Rent-a-Car because the customers were rude, the hours were horrible, and my bosses were the devil. LOL It was a mind numbing, soul crushing job that really made me question what I was doing in my life.




        How do you over come writers block?


The only way to overcome writers' block is to write. If you can't get through the piece you're working on, start something new. Write something you feel intensely passionate about. Either that, or read something. Those are the only two things I've ever found that work out for me.


        What is next for you and can you share a little of it?


Up next is my stand-alone romantic comedy novel, "Taming Her Boss", which is available on a pre-order special for 99 cents until release day (http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00OZRO1RW). 
Alpha Male + Alpha Female = Hot Love/Hate Sex. What happens when the boss in the corner office is a domineering d*ck who really wants to submit to the right woman?


        Who is your favourite band or artist?



Hands down, I have to give this to "Avenged Sevenfold" and "Alesana". These are the two greatest bands EVER, and I don't think I could love their music anymore if I tried.




        Which one of your books would you love to see up on the big screen as a movie?


If I had to pick one, I would choose "Real Ugly". I think it would be killer to see Naomi Knox and Turner Campbell wild and in your face, real music blasting from the speaker when they pound the stage and slay the crowd. I would kill to see that. =)


No comments:

Post a Comment