I am a wife and a mother of three.

24/05/2015

GINA WHITNEY


Please welcome the brilliant author Gina Whitney

Hi Gina,Tell us a little about yourself?


I'm a single mom to two beautiful boys who are 20 and 15 years of age. I'm very down to earth, love to read, cook, eat, laugh, and enjoy horror films.


How would you discribe your books?


My books are loosely based in truth. I draw my strength from past experiences.


What genre is your work mainly? Do you tend to stay in the same vein or are you hoping ( if not already ) to explore new ventures?


I write mainly contemporary erotica/BDSM, but my first book was an adult paranormal romance. I love PNR. I'm always willing to explore a storyline no matter the genre.


Share with us a quote from one of your favourite characters in your books?


"He saw darkness in my beauty. I saw beauty in his darkness" ~Gia

Is it hard to come up with new idea's and / or plot's?


No. When I'm plugged into a story-lines it just comes thankfully.



What inspired you to write your book?


My inspiration comes from my love of reading, and my vivid imagination.


Who is the easiest character to write for and Why? Hardest and why?


Abel and Gia are the easiest, as they both represent me. The hardest was Mr. Gunner. I never knew a man like him or a father like him.


Without giving anything away, what is / are your favourite scenes in your book ( s )?


My very favorite scenes are the BDSM ones. They're explicit, but I handle with great care and feeling. I have to dig deep into my soul.



Do you have any hobbies?


Yes, I love to ride horses. I've sold mine some years back, but I do enjoy it.


Do you have a specific writing style?


My style leans toward angsty, emotional, and hard-hitting verbiage.


How did you come up with the title?


For me, I just feel it. Once I start writing the characters it comes.


How much of the book is realistic? Are experiences based on someone you know, or events in your own life?


They are all based on me, my past, and events.


What books have most influenced your life most?


My early childhood was shaped by the classics of course. However, I love the dark, damaged and twisted realistic books best.


If you had to choose, which writer would you consider a mentor?


Vi Keeland, and Ahren Sanders are great friends/mentors.


What book are you reading now?


Black Lies, by Alexandra Torre


What are your current projects? If you had to do it all over again, would you change anything in your books?


 I'm working on the follow-up(book 3) in the Rocker Series, but also on a surprise.


Do you recall how your interest in writing originated?


I've always loved to write, but lacked the time when my boys were young.


Can you share a little of your current work with us?


I'm working on Avenging Us. Book 3 in the a Rocker Series.


Is there anything you find particularly challenging in your writing?


Yes, I hate writing synopsis's. I think all writers do though.


Who is your favorite author and what is it that really strikes you about their work?


I enjoy Pamela Ann. We write similarly. I enjoy super angsty, heart-pounding reads with major heat.


Who designed the covers?


 Regina Wamba, May I Designs.

What was the hardest part of writing your book?


Getting started is always the hard part. Yes, ideas may be there, but where to start is another story.


Did you learn anything from writing your book and what was it?


I find my writing is therapeutic and cathartic.


Do you have any advice for other writers?


Yes, keep writing! The more you write...the better your craft.


Do you have anything specific that you want to say to your readers?


I'm very thankful to have great fans that are so supportive. I truly love them, and always make sure to reach out and tell them.


What is your favourite genre to write?


Erotica is my favorite to write.


What is your favourite genre to read?


I love to read adult Paranormal romance.


How long have you been writing for?


I've been writing for 3 years.


What is your favourite movie?


I have so many, but they're mostly fantasy or paranormal. Lord Of The Rings type movies. I love the detailed fantasy.


 How difficult is it to come up with one of your amazing plots?


Thankfully, it's been easy since I pull from experience.


How about characters? Are they easily born and developed?


Yes, the characters are real(in some cases) or are facets of me.


How long does it take you to complete a novel from concept to completion?


Two months if I push myself. However, I'd love to not be under the personal pressure I put on myself. I'm trying...lol.



What was your first published piece? And how was it to publish your first book?


 Blood Ties, was my first published book. I was so elated!


Have you ever trashed a novel or story before or after finishing it, feeling it wasn't turning out as you planned?


Not as of yet.


Out of all your brilliant characters Which ones were you favourite?


I'm totally in love with Abel. I think that's why I'm having a hard time reading about anyone else. After coming off of writing for him, no one compares to him.



Do you have a special time or place to write?


I can write in bed in my iPad if I get an idea, but mostly in my home office. I usually write all day.



Any funny experiences or quirks you'd like to share with your readers?


Besides the fact I live on frozen burritos, twizzlers, peanut butter cups, coffee, and wine....


Which one of your awsome books would you like to see be made in to a movie?


Saving Abel 100% I think it would be great!


What was the worse job you ever done?


Mucking a horse's stall...yuk!


Do you ever get any ideas at random moments, and if so how do you hand on to them?


 Yes, and I write it right down on my iPhone or iPad, or bar napkin before I forget.


Can you write on demand and under pressure, or do you need time and space before the creativity starts to flow and how do you over come writers block?


I need the pressure, and do better under it. <<<see? I'm a sick person. I actually do it to myself.


Who was your inspiration behind your lead men in your books?


Not manypeople know that Abel is very real. Of course not the name, but the man himself. The broody alpha lives;)

No comments:

Post a Comment