I am a wife and a mother of three.

24/05/2015

L A CASEY

AUTHOR INTERVIEW
WITH
L A CASEY


Hi L.A how are you? Tell us a little about yourself?

Hey Louise, I'm doing great, thanks! My name is Lee - it's my nickname at least - and I am a twenty-three-year-old single mother with a stellar passion for writing.


Tell us your latest news?

My latest news would be the date change of my upcoming novel KANE. I had to push the date back from May 5th to June 2nd in order to get everything in an order that I am happy with. It sucks but has to be done.



Are the stories old or new?

KANE is brand new; it is the third book in my series, Slater Brothers.



When and why did you begin writing?


I first began writing when I was in school. I wrote mini stories under five thousand words to pass the time in class if I was bored. It made things exciting... in my head at least.



When did you first consider yourself a writer?

After my first novel, DOMINIC, was published and someone bought it.



What inspired you to write your first book?

A fight I saw in a night club. It sounds weird - okay, it is weird - but I witness a five were two brothers fought five lads in order to defend their younger brother. That brotherly bond stuck with me and eventually the Slater bros were born.



Do you have a specific writing style?

I'm not really sure, I just write what is in my head. I don't have a set time for writing, I write whenever something in my head is bursting to get out.



Who was the easiest character to write for and why and hardest and why?

The easiest characters for me are the brothers in the Slater Brothers series because they're all similar, but different. I'm not sure why, but I find it easier to write male characters. The hardest character would probably be Aideen - leading lady in KANE - because her character is stubborn, even for me.













How did you come up with the title?

I just named it after the lead male because I'm shite with coming up with titles. LOL



Is there a message in your novel that you want readers to grasp?

People come in and out of your life, but family is forever.



How much of the book is realistic?

The setting is real, it's set in the area where I grew up.



Are experiences based on someone you know, or events in your own life?

Nope, I'm boring compared to the adventures my characters find themselves on.



What books have most influenced your life most?

There are too many to name, but I like to think that I take away something from every book I read.



If you had to choose, which writer would you consider a mentor?

Lorelei James simply because I'd happily read her shopping list.



What book are you reading now?

None. I don't read when I'm writing.



Are there any new authors that have grasped your interest?

I wish I could say yes, but I haven't read something by a new author in a while, but I plan to on my plane ride to Tampa next week. I'll find something.



What are your current projects?

KANE (Slater Brothers, #3) - this book is my main focus.



If you had to do it all over again, would you change anything in your latest book?

Nope, my latest book - KEELA - is just the way I want it.



Do you recall how your interest in writing originated?

In school, in English class, I loved the idea of creating a new world from nothing during creative time. I was fascinated that I could zone out and lose myself to a world inside my head. I only started writing the stories out when so much was happening in my head that I couldn't keep up.



Can you share a little of your current work with us?

Check out my website and look up Kane, all info on that book is up there, along with some teasers ;)



Is there anything you find particularly challenging in your writing?

Sticking to my outline. I swear my outlines, they work for me, but while writing Kane sticking to my original outline turned out to be hell. I scraped it twice and re-quote the outline half way through the book because things took a turn I wasn't expecting.



WHAT was your favorite book growing up as a child?

Goodnight Mister Tom by Michelle Magorian. I loved this book in school.



Who is your favorite author and what is it that really strikes you about their work?

Lorelei James - I love everything about her styles, but her way of making all her characters, even side characters, interesting is awesome to me.



Do you have to travel much concerning your book(s)?

A few times a year I travel around for signings.



Who designed the covers?

Mayhem Cover Creations creates all my book covers :)




What was the hardest part of writing your book?

Knowing when to stop.



Did you learn anything from writing your book and what was it?

I did, I learned that it's okay to go back and do a million re-writes because with each re-writes I'm closer to the finished book I'm craving.



Do you have any advice for other writers?

Write, write, and write some more. NEVER give up.



Do you have anything specific that you want to say to your readers?

I love you all, without you, I don't get asked to do cool interviews like these. I don't get to call my passion my job without all of you. Thanks you!

No comments:

Post a Comment