I am a wife and a mother of three.

07/08/2015

E.S CARTER

AUTHOR INTERVIEW
WITH
  PLEASE WELCOME WELSH AUTHOR E.S CARTER.

Hello Elizabeth, how are you today?

Hi Louise, I'm doing great, just put my rugrats to bed and looking forward to chatting
 with you.

Tell us a little about yourself?

I'm from Cardiff in the UK and I work part time as an advocate for families of children with special needs and as a full time Mum of three. I spend my days chasing my rugrats around and my spare hours writing New Adult Contemporary Romance.



What is your favourite movie?

My favourite movie, gosh it's hard to pick just one. Probably The Green Mile.

What is your favourite colour?

Blue, I'd decorate everything blue if I could.



What star sign are you?

I'm a Scorpio. Sexiest sign of the zodiac .... or so they say LOL

Are you a action, horror or Romance movie type of girl?

I'm an all three type of girl. I can't stick to one genre of anything. Variety is the spice of life.



 What is your ring tone on your phone?

I don't have a ring tone, my phone just flashes at me. I like visuals.

What do your family  think about you writing and have they read any of your work? 

My husband is really supportive of my writing and he has read parts of my books but not the whole thing as he's not much of a reader. He does help with certain scenes though, mostly without even knowing he's helping.
The rest of my family are unaware of my writing, although my Dad knows how much of a bookworm I am and how I have written for pleasure for most of my life. He just doesn't know I've self-published anything.




Are you any good in the kitchen and what is your specialty ?

I'm a bit crap in the kitchen. My husband didn't marry me for my culinary skills.



What is your favourite  food?

 Italian. I could gorge on anything Italian for the rest of my days.



What is the most  romantic thing a man has done for you?

My husband is very romantic.
He does things on a daily basis that most men wouldn't. Hidden notes for me to find, flowers when I least expect them, sets up lunchboxes for the kids before he leaves for work in the early hours of the morning.
The most romantic thing is, he always kisses me before he leaves for work, even when he thinks I'm asleep. His parting words are always "I miss you already".



What's the kinkiest  thing you have done? 

Kinkiest thing? Hmmm, I think that may just be in one of my books. You'd best read it and find out ;)

There is a lot of BDSM books out now have you ever read any ?

 Yes, I've read many BDSM books. Joey W. Hill and Tymber Dalton being some of my
 favourite authors in this genre.

Have you ever entered in to the BDSM world for book research  or personal  reasons?

 No, I've never personally entered the BDSM world for research or otherwise. I enjoy reading about it though.

Do  you have any tattoos or body piercings and what are they?

Yes, I have two tattoos. One "tramp stamp" on my lower back of a music note that I got when I was 18 and a more personal piece, running down my ribs.

What do you think of tattoos on women?

 I think tattoos are beautiful on women. I'm all for a persons right to express their individuality
 however they see fit.

What is your favourite  genre to write?

write New Adult, Contemporary Romance but I do have a few other stories wanting to break free of my head that would fit into other genres.



which  one of you're books was your  favorite  to write?

I write New Adult, Contemporary Romance but I do have a few other stories wanting to break free of my head that would fit into other genres.

When and why did you begin writing?

I've been writing since my teens but only self-published this year. I guess it just felt the right time in my life to do it.
I write for the same reasons I read, escapism, therapy, solace... Getting to bring others along for the ride is quite a thrill.




When did you first consider yourself a writer?

I still don't consider myself a writer. I'm not sure I ever will . I'm a reader first and foremost, who also likes to write.

What inspired you to write your first book?

I've been writing since my teens but only self-published this year. I guess it just felt the right time in my life to do it. I write for the same reasons I read, escapism, therapy, solace... Getting to bring others along for the ride is quite a thrill.



Do you have a specific writing style?

My writing style is all about my mood. I'm a "fly by the seat of my pants" person, not a planner.
The stories I write, form and change direction as I write them.

Who was the easiest character to write for and why and  hardest and why? 

I'm not sure any character is easy to write but the most fun was probably H, he is based on a very good friend of mine. The most difficult to write was a character who doesn't appear in the books but is spoken about; James, Emma's brother. Having lost my own brother and best friend when I was younger, made his loss very real to me.

which lead character  is your personal  favourite and why?

Each book I write is like a piece of me, like one of my children, so I couldn't play favourites and chose one.

Who would you cast for the movie ?

  I would cast total unknowns, no expectations that way.


What was your favorite book as a child?

  My favourite book as a child was Enid Blyton's The Faraway Tree. I still have my childhood copy that I read to my children.

How did you come up with the title?

 The title of "Nineteen" just made sense to me. At Nineteen, you're not a child but not really a woman; it's a time for self-discovery.

How much of the book is realistic?

  By realistic do you mean based on real life events? Very little. Yes, I use my own experiences and travels to flesh out the story but the events are totally fictional.

Have you ever binned a book when half way through thinking it wasn't  good enough?

No , I've never binned any story I've written, I have dozens on memory sticks or written down, who knows if I'll ever come back to them.

What books have most influenced your life most?

Books I've been influenced by range from Stephen King to Anne Rice, from JK Rowling to Jane Austen. I literally read anything and everything.

If you had to choose, which writer would you consider a mentor?

Books I've been influenced by range from Stephen King to Anne Rice, from JK Rowling to Jane Austin. I literally read anything and everything.

What book are you reading now?

 I'm currently reading an ARC of Beneath Blood and Bone by Claire C Riley and Madeline Sheehan. It's bloody amazing!

Are there any new authors that have grasped your interest?

Yes, loads. KA Steritt, Hilaria Alexander, JT Authors, CM Foss are all relatively new indie authors and ones to watch.

What are your current projects?

I'm currently writing book three in my "Love by Numbers" series, it's Liam's book and is called...."Three".

Do you recall how your interest in writing originated?

Yes, I've always been a bookworm, it was a family joke that I came out of my mothers womb with a book in my hand. It was a literary competition that I won in school at the age or 8 or 9, that sealed my fate at a writer.

Can you share a little of your current work with us?

I can share the synopsis of Three with you. It's due for release in late November.

I am a son.
I am a brother.
I am an artist.
I am a student.
I am her student.

She was my first.
First infatuation, first ‘real’ kiss, first love, first.....
heart break.

I gave her everything, including my body and would have given her more.
I gave her ‘I love you’ ….she told me her heart was filled by another, there was no room left for me.

We could never be.
What we did was wrong.
It didn’t feel wrong to me.

The deepest hurt is a love that you cannot have. It will last the longest, cut the deepest and feel the strongest.
It is an imperfect love; a disfigured circle that never ends.
You cannot control it; it's as simple as blinking and just like blinking the more you try to stop it, the more the pain consumes you.

This is book 3 in 'The Love by Numbers' series.
Although it contains characters from the previous books, it can be read as a standalone.

Is there anything you find particularly challenging in your writing?

I don't really find writing challenging but the self-promo side of the book world is still something I am getting to grips with.

Who is your favorite author and what is it that really strikes you about their work?

Just one favourite author? I can't pick just one!
I love Tiffanie DeBartolo, A. Meredith Walter, JR Ward, Mia Sheridan, Amy Harmon, Heather Lyons .... I could go on and on. The main reason for all these choices, they all make me feel.

Who designed the covers? 

The super talented Marisa at Cover Me Darling made both my covers and is currently working on book three for me.


What was the hardest part of writing your book? 

 The hardest part of writing, hitting publish.




Do you have any advice for other writers? 

Yes, don't over think it. It you have a passion for writing and a story to tell, just do it.


Do you have anything specific that you want to say to your readers? 

Yes, THANK YOU for buying my books, for reading them, for loving the characters and for leaving reviews. YOU ROCK!

What do you like to do to keep fit? 

My kids and husband keep me fit!

What do you like to do when your not busy working and writing?

  If I'm not busy I read. It's my obsession.


Are you a car or motorbike kind of girl? 

I'm a fast car and a fast motorbike kind of girl. Up until we had our children, we both had bikes.

Where do you see you self in ten years time? 

 In ten years time I'd like to be happy, healthy and hopefully living by the coast with my family.


Thank you for joining me today you have been awesome. 

Thanks for having me Louise, this has bee fun!



PLEASE GO CHECK OUT E.S CARTER'S BOOKS , BOTH NINETEEN AND TWENTY ONE ARE AVAILABLE NOW ON AMAZON AND THE NEXT INSTALLMENT IN THE SERIES THREE WILL BE OUT LATE NOVEMBER  SO KEEP YOUR EYES PEELED FOR IT.

No comments:

Post a Comment