I am a wife and a mother of three.

23/05/2015

ANNIE MERCIER


Hello Anne,Tell us a little about yourself?

I was born and raised in Wisconsin and still live here today with my two sons and puppy. (Though one day soon I hope to move to southern California!)

I’m an avid reader who gets inspired by reading the stories from my favorite authors as well as listening to various types of music. I am a huge fan of music, chocolate, fruit, desserts, autumn, M. Shadows, Avenged Sevenfold, and Milo Ventimiglia. Through my books, I am proudly creating new Avenged Sevenfold and Milo Ventimiglia fans one reader at a time.

How would you describe your books?

Sexy with white hot sex, fun, funny, fast-paced, with an overall family feel.

What genre is your work mainly? Do you tend to stay in the same vein or are you hoping ( if not already) to explore new ventures?

The Rockstar Series is Contemporary Romance but I am currently working on 2 New Adult books.




Share with us a quote from one of your favorite characters?

Cage Nichols, Amplify: “You undo me, Fee,” he whispers.


Is it hard to come up with new idea's or plot's?

Nope, there are always new storylines popping up in my head.

How long does it take you to complete a finished book?

That depends on the book but my first book took me two years and I wrote Amplify in a little over a month.

Do you have any hobbies?

Listening to music, being the best Avenged Sevenfold fan EVER!  Chatting with friends, creating in photoshop, reading like a madwoman, being Milo Ventimigilia’s friend.

Who is the easiest character to write for and why?Hardest and why?

Xander is the easiest because anything goes and usually does.   Hehe.  The hardest would have to be Ben.  He really hasn’t revealed much of himself yet.  

Are your characters based on real people? People you may know on Tv or Movie stars?

Yes and no. No character is completely based on one person or celebrity, but there are characteristics --physical and personality-- that are incorporated into some of the characters. For example, for Jesse I picture M. Shadows from Avenged Sevenfold. For Lucy, part of her personality and work ethic is based on Milo Ventimiglia.

Without giving anything away ,what is or are your favorite scenes in your book?

When the couples finally admit they're in love and then admit it to their partner. The Xander dance parties.  When Sera's a badass.

What's up next for you?

Right now I am working on two books.  The Way Back To Me, hopefully a standalone but who knows and then I am also working on Whispered Truths the first book of The Truths Series.  Both are New Adult Romance.

Is there anyone besides you in your family who writes?

No, it’s just me.

When did you start. What was your first published piece?

I started when I was a kid but really started writing about six years ago and my first published was Falling Down.

Do you have any favorite books or authors?

There are just so many.  I love to read.  So I’ll name a few … Tijan, Jay McLean, Harper Bentley, Elle Brooks, Ella Fox, Rachel Brookes, Harper Sloan, Aurora Rose Reynolds, Ginger Scott, Jessica Gibson, Stephanie Smith, Rochelle Paige, Kristi Pelton, Lisa de Jong, Penelope Douglas, Penelope Ward, Nora Roberts/JD Robb, Rachel Van Dyken.

Of all the books and stories you've written which is your favorite?

Amplify

Do you have a favorite character?

Of my own characters my favorite is Cage.  I love his quiet intensity, his alpha personality, his control.

What is your favorite genre to write ?

Contemporary Adult or New Adult

What are your favorite movies?

There are so many but I'll name a few. Sixteen Candles, The Matrix, Crazy Stupid Love, The Wedding Singer, Serendipity. Lots are listed on my Facebook if anyone is that interested to know about my fave movies. Hehe.

How long have you been writing?

Seriously writing about six years.

Who or what has been your biggest literary influence?

Nora Roberts,

How Difficult is it for you to come up with one of 
your brilliant plots?

Well thank you for calling them brilliant, but really I just write as it comes.  Currently there are a lot of stories in my head that need to come out.

How about characters? Are they easily born and developed?

Yes and no. Some are easier than others.

About how long does it take you to take for you to complete a novel from concept to completion?

That depends my first book When Petals Fall took me two years to write and then it took about three months to write Falling Down.  It took about two and a half months to write Blush and about the same for Amplify.

Have you ever trashed a novel or story before or after finishing it, feeling it wasn't turning out as you planned?

Yes

What are the good and bad points to being a writer. ?

I get to work in my pajamas   As an indie author I get to set my own deadlines and decide what to write, when. I get to meet a lot of people. The best part of being a writer is knowing I can take the reader to the place they need to go to escape reality.   The bad- many of the good. Sometimes it's a double-edged sword. Setting my own deadlines means I also have to remain disciplined and I am the Queen of Procrastination. With meeting so many new people and gaining readers/fans, it can be very time consuming and I lose myself in it a lot and look at the clock and a couple of hours is gone which means a couple of hours of writing time <wry grin>  Another bad is when a reader doesn't like your work. It's disappointing to the reader and as an author I feel like I've failed them. I know I can't please everyone, but I'm sure going to try.

Which one of your books would you like to see made into a movie?

Falling Down

What is your favorite band or artist?

Avenged Sevenfold definitely.

What was it like to publish your first book?

Scary as hell!  It took a lot of coaxing to get me to push publish.

What advice would you give to others who want to make writing their career?

Keep reading and keep writing. Don't give up because if you're truly a writer, those stories are going to claw at you until you set them free.

Do you ever get ideas at random moments, and if so how do you hang on to them?

Yes they come to me at the strangest times.  I get a lot of inspiration from reading but also from music.  Reading makes my creativity flow and music well it just sparks up ideas.  Just the other day I was listening to a song and thought I should write about just about that song.

Hanging onto them well, I try to write down the basics and save it in my writing folder.  There are a lot in there and lot still in my head.



How do you overcome writers block and do you have a special place you like to write?

The other day an author called writers block mental constipation that is really what it feels like.  To overcome writers block, I read it inspires me.  The more I read the more I know I need to get these stories out of my head.



Can you write on demand and under pressure, or do you need time and space before the creativity starts to flow?

I prefer to let creativity flow. I have a routine … I get coffee or soda (I require caffeine), grab my laptop, settle in my favorite chair, fire up Spotify, and write.

Who or what was the inspiration behind your books?

Milo Ventimiligia and music. Avenged Sevenfold as well as many other bands inspired me every day.


No comments:

Post a Comment