I am a wife and a mother of three.

30/05/2015

JADEN WILKES/MINA HOLT

Author interview
with
Jaden Wilkes /Mina Holt
PLEASE ONE OF THE BEST SELLING AUTHORS TAKING AMAZON BY STORM JADEN WILKES




  Hi Jaden how are you tell us a little about yourself?


Jaden Wilkes is the pen name of a girl living on the prettiest farm in BC, Canada. I share my space with Mr. Wilkes, three sons, and two Irish Wolfhounds,
 August and Tiberius.

How would you describe your books?

Dark, thrilling and definitely lady boner inducing.

 What genre is your work mainly, do you stay in the
 same vein or are you hoping to(if not already)
 to explore new ventures?

Mostly dark erotica, although I think I drift from
 thrillers to other areas.



Who is your favorite actor?
James Spader at the moment.

Is there anywhere that you would like to go for a author event you haven't been?

Australia.
What inspired you to write and how long have you been writing for?

I have been writing for about a year and a half. I was inspired when a friend decided to publish and I thought, "Hey I could do that."


Without giving anything away, what is your favorite scene in your book(s)?

I love any fighting scene, especially where a couple
 fights side by side and ends up having dirty sex
 after the violence.

How much of the book is realistic and are any based on someone you know or events in your own life?

Nothing is based on real life, and yet element of my own experiences are threaded throughout every story.



When did you decide to become a writer?

In the spring of 2013.

When your not writing how do you relax?

Reading and hanging out with my horses.

What is your favorite movie?

I don't really have a favorite...I guess The Secretary, Fight Club, Donnie Darko, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, Aguirre, Wrath of God...those are a few of my top films.

Is there one subject you would never write about as a author and what is it?

I hate violence towards animals and children.

Do you work out a outline or plot or do you prefer to see where an idea takes you?

I write a great deal of each book in my head, then write a very clean, pretty complete first draft. I've written non fiction for years and years, so the same process seems to work. I don't outline, but have a general idea worked out beforehand, then my characters drive the thing right off the cliff as I write.

Any tips on what to do and what not to do when it comes to writing and do you have any advice for aspiring authors?

Keep chugging along, write even when you don't feel like it, and don't get caught up in the petty drama that sometimes accompanies this industry.


What is your favorite genre t read and write??

I love reading dystopian fiction, urban fantasy, crime thrillers, and contemporary.

Is there anything you would like to say to your readers?

Thank you, each and every one of you, for taking a chance on me and sticking with me.

How long does it take you to complete a book from start to publish and what was your first ever book and how did it feel to get it published?

I seem to take about 6-8 weeks to write and publish a book. The first one I ever published was called Reverse Cowgirl, and it was painful...like losing my virginity in front of a crowd. I cringe when I think about it now, I was so naive and writing what I thought I should write, not what I wanted to write.

 Have you ever trashed a novel or story before finishing it feeling it wasn't going how you planned out?

Not at all. I have the first few chapters of about 15-20 novels right now, I haven't necessarily trashed them, but some are louder than others and demand to be written.


Do you have a special time or place that you write?

Not with three kids and a needy husband, basically any time, any place when I can find a few moments alone.

 Do you ever get ideas at random moments and how do you hang on to them?

Always in the shower, and I think I'll get a water proof recorder so I don't ruin my phone by typing with wet hands.

Can you write on demand and under pressure or do you need time and space before the creativity starts to flow?

I can force myself to write when necessary.

 Whats the the worst job you have done and why?

Waitress, because I'm kind of cranky and don't 
really like people.
How do you over come writers block?

Force myself to write!
What is next for you and can you share a little of it?

I'm currently working on Freakshow, a dark erotic thriller. You can read along as I write on wattpad: http://www.wattpad.com/story/25666818-freakshow
Who is your favourite band or artist?

I love so much music, but I always end up going back to The Knife or Fever Ray. My favorite artist is Cezanne. I'm obsessed with Mt. St. Victoire because of him.
Which one of your books would you love to see up on the big screen as a movie?

The Beast series, directed by Tarantino.



No comments:

Post a Comment