I am a wife and a mother of three.

16/05/2015

AVA MANELLO AND GUESTS

AUTHOR INTERVIEW
WITH
AVA MANELLO
4/9/2014



PLEASE WELCOME ONE HALF OF THE DYNAMIC DUO BEHIND THE SEVERED SERIES AND THE BOOK THAT EVERY GIRL WANTS STRIP TEASER,AVA MANELLO.



How are you, Tell us a little
about yourself?







I'm fine thank you. What can I tell you about me? I'm a stunning 24 year old blonde? In my dreams! In reality I'm a forty five year old mother of one, who decided one morning to follow her dream and here I am. 
 ​ 
How would you discribe
your book(s)?







​Erotic suspense with hot bad ass bikers or erotic humour with sexy male strippers. 
​ 
OUT NOW


COMING SOON

 What genre is your work mainly? Do you tend to stay in the same vein or are you hoping ( if not already) to explore new ventures?




​I've already covered two genres, MC and male strippers and should be popping my paranormal cherry soon.
 
Share with us a quote from one of your favourite characters?




"Let me show you how I treat what's mine" - Angel from my first book Severed Angel
​ 
ALL AVALIBLE NOW ON AMAZON

Is it hard to come up with new idea's and / or plot's?




​I'm pretty sad, ideas tend to pop up everywhere - walking down the street, on the bus, even in the tattoo chair, although I tend to be better at the beginning and ending and struggle with the middle of the story.
​ 
Who is your favourite actor?






​It's like books, quite a few, but I do have a soft spot for Channing Tatum.
 
What inspired you to write your book (s)?




​I've always wanted to write fiction, I'd written several non fiction already.  I started blogging, made some great friends in the book world and they encouraged me to follow my dream.
 
Who is the easiest character to write and why?  Hardest and why?




​I think Ink is possibly the easiest character, my bad ass tattoo artist biker, because I adore him.  Hardest was probably Sally from Strip Teaser as it's a long time since I was 24 and it was a bit of a stretch trying to remember that far back.
 
Are your characters based on real people? People you may know on Tv / Movie stars?




​Some of them are very much based on real people but real life not TV or Movie.  There's Emma, Diane and Elle in the Severed MC books who are based on friends of mine.  I'd say Sally from Strip Teaser has a lot of things in common with me as well.
​ 
Without giving anything away, what is/are your favourite scenes in your book?






​I'm the death monger in the Severed writing partnership.  I enjoy creating moments of suspense.  I guess the scene that gave me the most satisfaction was the​ ​way we ended Severed Justice. From every reader reaction we've had so far it worked exactly as we wanted it to, but I can't say anything more than that as it really is a book where we ask people not to post spoilers.
cocktails or wine?




​Neither! I'm a Tia Maria and Diet Coke kind of gal, and an occasional glass of Baileys.
 
Do you have any hobbies?




​Aside from making all the swag for the books? I've done everything from cardmaking, scrapbooking, knitting.  When I do have any spare time you're more likely to find me with my head stuck in a book.
​ 
Is there anyone besides you in your family who writes?




No.
 
When did you start you start? What was your first piece? First published piece?







​First published piece was probably about 23 years ago, a piece of poetry in a company magazine.  I only started fiction writing in March this year and that was Severed Angel.
​ 
Do you have any favourite books? Authors ? Movies?




​Far too many books and authors to name, and I'd be insulting some of them if I left them out.  Movies I like the classics like Gone with the Wind, a good weepie like Armageddon, and the fantasy movies like Divergent and Mortal Instruments.​ 




Do you have a favourite character in your books?




​I guess it would have to be Ink from the Severed MC series.
​ 
What is your favourite genre to write?




​I love both my genres, I guess I find the MC easier to write though.
​ 
What is your favourite genre to read?




​I love dark books, suspense, MC books, fighters, rock stars, I guess it's easier to say what I don't read and thats paranormal, historical and sci fi.

​ 
How long have you been writing?




​Since I was a child.
​ 
 Who or what has been your biggest literary influence?




​I've always loved the crime writers like
Agatha Christie. She kept you guessing all the way.  That said, I've been hugely
inspired by the great Indie authors
we have out at the moment  
​ 
How about characters?  Are they easily born and developed? 




​Some yes, they just seem so real in my head.  Others, no.  I think Justice ended up a very different character in his book to the one I had planned, but I went with my gut.
​ 
Do you ever find yourself a struggling writer?




​All the time! Especially the closer I get to a deadline
​ 
 How about how long does it take for you to complete a novel,  from concept to completion?




​Not as long as a lot of authors!
​ 
 Have you ever trashed a novel or story before or after finishing it, feeling it wasn't turning out as you planned?




​I never trash anyone's work, someone's blood, sweat and tears has gone into it after all.  I may not have enjoyed a book, and now I have so many books to review, I do confess to not forcing myself to read after the first 30% if I'm not feeling the love. I think sometimes it's just like a movie, and it just wasn't the right thing for me that day.
​ 
Do you have a special time or place to write?




​I wrote the whole of Severed Angel on my ipad either curled up in my chair or in bed!  Nowadays I've switched to a Macbook and a desk in the corner of my living room, though I confess some of my better ideas come to me very late at night.

​ 
Any funny experiences or quirks you'd like to share with your readers?




​Having researched Strip Teaser I now find myself listening to most music and choreographing s​tripper moves in my head - does that count? 




Which of your books would you like to see made in to a movie?




​The Severed MC series,
 
 What was it like to publish your first book?




​Absolutely unbelievable feeling.  It's like my baby.  
 
What advice would you give to others who want to make writing their career?




​Go for it!  But do make sure you get beta feedback, proofread and invest in a good cover.
​ 
 What is the worst job that you have ever done and why?




​Filing!  I have always hated filing and after a life time of admin jobs I finally escaped it.
​ 

Do you ever get ideas at random moments, and if so how do you hang on to them?




Often. ​Notes on my phone
or get up and write.
 
 How do you overcome writers block?




​By moving onto something else.  As soon as I stop trying to think of the problem I get an idea.


Can you write on demand and under pressure, or do you need time and space before the creativity starts to flow? .




​ I probably work better under pressure

How supportive are your family of your work?




​Extremely.  Even my twelve year old daughter is proud of me.
​ 
Are there any places in the world you would love to do a book tour that you have not yet had a chance?




​Australia, New Zealand, Canada and the USA.
​ 
What is your favourite food?




​Fish and chips from the shop next door to me.
What's your favourite colour?




​Blue but it has to be a sunny day sky blue.
Are you afraid of anything?




​Spiders! 


Strip Teaser
review

 I absolutely  freaking  loved this book. unlike a lot of books this one grabs you from the first page and you don't  have to wait till your 3 chapters  in before it gets interesting.
The story is brilliantly  written, and you can feel the chemistry  with the characters bouncing  of the pages.

 This Ava's first solo book and what a book it is.  be prepared  to have your pulses racing and need a really cold shower after you finished it. You will love alex and the Naked Nights .

 Reading the way alex is thinking  about sally made me feel all gooey inside. IT is a Real melting the heart moment. There are a few Lol moments to.

Highly recommend  this FANTASTIC book you will not be disappointed. 

move over grey and cross  there is a new man in town and his name is ALEX!!



STRIP TEASER
CHARACTER INTERVIEW






12th August
ALEX AND SALLY
INTERVIEW

SALLY- What  do you think of the  boys now and have your
opinions of strippers changed?




I think of them like brothers, with the exception of Alex of course! And yes,
my opinion has changed. I used to think they were shallow and vain
but they’re incredibly hard working and talented.




ALEX- What is the most Romantic  thing you have done for Sally?



That would be telling, but I might have re-enacted a scene with her
from one of her favourite books  ;-)






SALLY- Where do you plan on living  now?




I’ve moved into Alex’s spare room for now, not that I spend much time
sleeping in there, but it’s given me a little breathing space to think
about writing that book I wanted to write.





ALEX - How are Tiny and his fiancée  settling in and does that give
you any idea's  for the future?






Tiny is so funny when he’s with Alison, she sure rules the roost.  
It’s far too early to think about that as Sally and I have only just got together,
but let’s just say never say never.







SALLY- How did you feel when Alex pulled you up on stage
and he dropped that blindfold?







I didn’t know whether to be mortified at being on stage or to give in to temptation,
which was one hell of a hot experience being blindfolded by him.







ALEX - How do you see your future with the Naked Night’s and
are you planning on doing that 'sock' routine again?







The sock routine is a regular part of the act for me, I just don’t go quite as far as
 I did with Sally that night.  I’ve got no plans to leave Naked Night’s
although I know Tiny keeps threatening to quit.





SALLY- How would you describe each of the boys in Naked Night’s?




Alex is a god, Tiny is a gentle giant, Eric is quite strict – I’d love to see him let
 loose at some point and the other guys are a good laugh.





ALEX - What did you think of Sally when she first stepped on to that tour bus?
And how would you describe her then and now. Has she changed?





She looked scared when she first stepped on the bus.  Now she’s so comfortable
around all of us.  She’s letting go of some of her inhibitions and
the real Sally is coming out.  She’s a lot more fun.







SALLY- Do you ever regret going on tour with the hot Naked Night’s
boys after everything you have seen?




No, even if Alex and I hadn’t ended up together it was a great experience.
If nothing else it’s taught me to be less 

BOTH- WHAT is your favourite  toy in the bedroom? 

Handcuffs!

ALEX - Have you had any close encounters with fans of the naked Night's,  
maybe a stalker or ten?



Luckily no, shame the same can’t be said about Guido, he had a granny stalking
him the other month. Then again I don’t interact with fans outside of the meet and greet.

SALLY- Do you ever  feel jelous when alex  has girls  up on Stage with their
hands all over his Hot body? 

I used to, but now I know he comes home to me it’s not as bad.

ALEX- How did you feel when the guys in Naked Night’s thought you were gay? 





I didn’t know they did, so it was just that moment of surprise.
I guess you could say I felt sore as I was so shocked Sally managed to get a punch in.





SALLY- Is Alex as hot in bed as he is on the stage  working  those moves? 

Hotter!





BOTH - Will we be hearing the pitter patter of tiny feet or wedding belles from you guys anytime soon? Would you like to have kids? 




No. We’ve literally just got together, it’s too soon to think that far ahead.




THANK YOU BOTH FOR A BRILLIANT INTERVIEW.
STRIP TEASER IS NOW AVALIBLE ON AMAZON AND OTHER SITES.

No comments:

Post a Comment