I am a wife and a mother of three.

24/05/2015

CAROL aka AMANDA

AUTHOR INTERVIEW
WITH
CAROL KUNZ/AMANDA JASON
PLEASE WELCOME THE BRILLIANT AUTHOR BEHIND THE BOOK 'LUCKY NUMBER FOUR' THAT TOOK AMAZON BY STORM,
CAROL aka AMANDA.


Hi, Carol!
Tell us a little about yourself.



I was born in England. Graduated from an American high school in England. My Mum is English and my Dad is American. I'm left-handed, redheaded and I don't tan. I broke my neck 20 years ago and during my second surgery, I died on the table. Totally changed my life. My pen name for my NA books is Amanda Jason which where my twins that I lost my first pregnancy. Amanda live one week and Jason lived two. But because my book Lucky Number Four sold crazy worldwide, they live on in memory.

How would you describe your books?


I write YA/MG paranormal/dystopian with my son, Adam. I wrote my first book last year and released it in January of this year. It's a NA romantic comedy.


 What genre is your work mainly? Do you tend to stay in the same vein or are you hoping (if not already) to explore new ventures?


 I love all genres and will probably try my hand at most of them


 Share with us a quote from one of your favourite characters in your books.


 "So what's it like to be queer nowadays?" This is from Dora's grandma who says inappropriate things all the time. She's automatically assumed the models are all gay because her granddaughter is living with them.


 Is it hard to come up with new ideas and / or plots?


 Not really, I love daydreaming and that helps.


 What inspired you to write your book?


 I always wanted to write a book and so when my son came to me 4 years ago to ask me to write a book with him, I jumped at the chance. We have written three so far and plan on writing more together, after I finish the next book in my NA series.


 Who is the easiest character to write for and why?
The hardest and why?


Females are the easiest and the hardest are the male characters. My hubby helps me with that.


 Without giving anything away, what is / are your favourite scenes in your book (s)?


 My favorite scenes are family dinners at Dora's
 Parent’s house.


 Do you have any hobbies?


Reading, making swag, going to the gym


 Do you have a specific writing style?


 Not really


 How did you come up with the title?


  Dora moves in with three male models and I had to think of a reason why they needed her to move in so badly.


 How much of the book is realistic?


 It's all fictional ~wink wink~


Are any experiences based on someone you know, or events in your own life?


Maybe :)


 What books have most influenced your life most?


 The Chronicles of Narnia


 If you had to choose, which writer would you consider a mentor?


  C.S. Lewis


 What book are you reading now?


 I'm reading a manuscript by a fellow author


 What are your current projects?


 Working on book 2 of Lucky Series, also I've been asked by a group of authors to be involved in an anthology.


 If you had to do it all over again, would you change anything in your books?


 No, I love Lucky Number Four


 Do you recall how your interest in writing originated?


I've always daydreamed and one day I was asked to write a short story for my Literature class when I was 11. My teacher, unbeknownst to me, submitted t to a contest in our town in England. I won and received an award from the mayor. When I was growing up we didn't have computers, so when I received my first laptop from my son, Adam, I knew it would change my life.


Can you share a little of your current work with us?


My next book involves another one of the models and his story.



 Is there anything you find particularly challenging in your writing?


 Commas, I hate commas. Luckily, my editor loves them :)


 Who is your favorite author and what is it that really strikes you about their work?


 J.D. Robb. Her futuristic world building is amazing, as are her characters. I feel that I truly know them personally.


Who designed the covers?



C.A. Kunz covers for The Childe were created by the head graphic designer at Universal Studios and The Modified and my own Lucky Number Four were created by Sarah Hansen. 
 
What was the hardest part of writing your book?


 Trying to write a romantic comedy when my life was not very comedic.


Did you learn anything from writing your book and what was it?


  That I could do it and people actually read it and like it.


 Do you have any advice for other writers?


 Start out by writing what you know. Never Give Up!!!!


 Do you have anything specific that you want to say to your readers?


Thank you from the bottom of my heart for taking my book worldwide.


 What is your favourite genre to write?


Young Adult


 What is your favourite genre to read?


 That is so hard. I enjoy reading all genres.


 How long have you been writing for?


 The last four years regularly and before that I wrote poems and short stories, for my eyes only.


What is your favourite movie?


Bridget Jones's Diary


How difficult is it to come up with one of your amazing plots?


If I bounce my ideas off of someone else, it's not that hard.


 How about characters? Are they easily born and developed?


 I love my characters. I'm a people watcher so I have many characters to work with.


 How long does it take you to complete a novel from concept to completion?


 With my son, it took almost a year for our first book, seven months for our second book and four months for our fourth. Lucky Number Four took me almost a year.


 What was your first published piece? And how was it to publish your first book?


The Childe, which I wrote with my son. I slept with the proof on my pillow. Yes, I'm a nerd.


 Have you ever trashed a novel or story before or after finishing it, feeling it wasn't turning out as you planned?


Not yet.


Out of all your brilliant characters, which ones were you favourite?


That is such a hard question. It's like saying which of my children are my favorite.


 Do you have a special time or place to write?


I write in my oversized, stuffed recliner on my laptop.


 Any funny experiences or quirks you'd like to share with your readers.



I'm not superstitious but I always leave my house with non-holey underwear. That comes from my English grandma who use to tell me this in case I'm in an accident. Weird huh?


Which one of your awesome books would you like to see be made in to a movie?



The Childe, no The Modified, no Lucky Number Four. This is another hard question; I hate to pick one :) 

What was the worse job you ever done?


 Washing pots and pans by hand, in a dining hall, on an Air Force Base in England. The water had to be so hot; I had to wear special gloves. My hair always looked a mess from the steam and my face always looked like I was blushing.


Do you ever get any ideas at random moments, and if so how do you hand on to them?


Yes, I make notes on my phone for later.


Can you write on demand and under pressure, or do you need time and space before the creativity starts to flow and how do you overcome writers block?

  
I can write under pressure but I prefer to take my time.


 Who was your inspiration behind your lead men in your books?



 If I don't say my hubby, I might get in trouble.



ALL BOOKS ARE AVALIBLE ON AMAZON NOW

No comments:

Post a Comment