I am a wife and a mother of three.

24/05/2015

KASIDY BLAKE

AUTHOR INTERVIEW 

WITH 

KASIDY BLAKE






Please welcome the amazing new author Kasidy Blake Hi Kasidy, tell us a little about yourself?


Kasidy Blake is a pen name, I normally go by Katrina. I work full time as a medical assistant and part time as a Personal Assistant to the amazing JS Cooper.  I have been married for 10 years to my high school sweetheart. We have 2 children which I believe is all we will have on our own, but we are open to adopt and are working on getting certified for foster care.


 How would you describe your book (s)?


Well I only have one so far lol. I think it has a little of what every good book needs. Some suspense, and young love, oh and a little bit of love making ;)




What genre is your work mainly? Do you tend to stay in the same vein or are you hoping (if not already) to explore new ventures?

 Right now, I guess its considered romantic-suspense, mystery.  I believe most of my books will fall under the contemporary, new adult area. However, I do have plans for a darker erotica and a paranormal however may change pen names for the paranormal series.

 Share with us a quote from one of your favourite characters

 You will never lose me. Its us against the world: yesterday, today and all the tomorrows, forever.  -Parker   (most people may not agree because he isnt a huge character in this book, but he is one of my favourites!)

 Is it hard to come up with new ideas and/or plots?

 Not yet. I have about five plots swimming around begging for my current WIP Who I Became to be finished. They are each begging to be next. I know I will hit a spot where it will be tough, I am not looking forward to that.

 What inspired you to write your book?

 My book inspired me to write. It hit me hard on the head. What kept me going though was the support I received from friends and family telling me to hurry and finish! Now its my readers who are inspiring me to continue writing.

   Without giving anything away, what is/are your favourite scenes to in your book (s)?

 Besides the Sex? Just kidding. Ummm. I love when the relationships start to develop.

 Do you have any hobbies?

 I have a very addictive personality so I have lots of hobbies. However, I can only do one at a time because they usually consume me. I knit and crochet. I used to be a gamer but now I read and well write!

 Do you have a specific writing style?

 I wish! I wish I was organized and everything.  However, since I am a busy bee I have notes written down in random places on random scraps. I pray I do not lose them. I tried outlining I do not get very far. It makes it feel like a school assignment or something, however when I get stuck I will start outlining what I want to happen next and that seems to help. I usually just power up the document and get to it.

 How did you come up with the title?

 I honestly dont know. I had the title before the book really. Well I had the original title Who I Am however there is an amazing book already titled that so I changed it up to Who I Was which really fits better anyway. 

How much of the book is realistic?And are experiences based on someone you know, or events in your own life? 

None that I can think of. Except Lillians love for Mac N Cheese and Dr. Pepper that is all me!

 If you had to choose, which writer would you consider a mentor?

 No choice needed. I wouldnt have been able to do any of this without JS Cooper on my side of the ring! She is amazing and so helpful, no matter how many questions I asked. Plus! Her writing has me in awe! I want to be like her when I grow up!

 What are your current Projects? If you had to do it all over again, would you change anything in your books? 

Who I Became which is the second book to Who I Was and the last book.  However There may be a spinoff, I am unsure.  I also have a few titleless books started that are nothing to talk about as of yet but I am excited for them!

 Can you share a little of your current work with us?

 I cant as it would give a little bit too much away at this time.

 Is there anything you find particularly challenging in your writing?

 Nothing particular in the writing itself.  The challenge for me is the pimping of myself after I write and the biggest challenge is the anxiety that comes with hitting the publish button.

 Who Designed the covers?

 Louisa with LM Creations

 What was the hardest part of writing your book?
     
 Besides what was mentioned in number 19. The blurb. That is tough!

 Do you have any advice for other writers?

 DO IT!

 Do you have anything specific that you want to say to your readers?

 Thank you for taking a chance on Who I Was and reading it! I love you all!


YOU CAN FIND KASIDY'S DEBUT BOOK WHO I WAS NOW!

No comments:

Post a Comment