I am a wife and a mother of three.

08/08/2015

James W Snootz



AUTHOR INTERVIEW
WITH 



PLEASE WELCOME THE LOVELY JAMES W SNOOTZ

Hi James are you today?

 Excellent as always...I am rarely having a bad day or in a bad mood. 

Tell us a little about yourself? 

 I am generally a very laid back go with the flow type of person. I enjoy spending time with my large family there are 8 of us including my lovely awesome wife, and our six boys. They are always keeping us busy and on the go, I do also work at many other side projects besides just writing. I am one of those people who likes to do things full out and always give it 100% all the time. 



What is your favourite movie?


 So many to difficult to pick just one. I would say any Bruce Lee movies, Tin Cup, The Matrix, Many Zombie Movies. 

What is your favourite colour?

 Green

What star sign are you? 

Scorpio 

Are you a action or Romance type of man? 

Both...hopefully the right kind of action leads to some romance. 

What is your ring tone on your phone? 

No idea...but its nothing fancy. I am one of the few tech nerds who love my Amazon Fire Phone. No one ever calls me. 

What do your family  think about you writing and have they read any of your work? 

My wife reads some of my work and supports me fully. I really keep my writing life separate from my family life for the most part because of my young children. 

Are you any good in the kitchen and what is your speciality?

 Depends on who you ask I guess. My wife does not trust me to make much, but I can cook. I make a mean Chili also yum!

What is your favourite  food?

 Chili, Tacos, Hamburgers, Fries...all kinds of potatoes formed into fries. Baked in the oven, Fried in Grease, Steak, McD's,Wendys Fries...I love them all. 

What is the most  romantic thing you have done for a lady?

 Probably when I proposed to my wife...in front of 5,000 people and the Blue Man Group. 

Are the stories old ones you have saved or new?

 Always new...the stories from my past were written just for me, and while I may incorporate an idea here or there from them never the main concepts. 

What is your favourite  genre to write? 

Sci-fi & Paranormal, Anything with no limitations. 

You have  written  variety of different  types of books,  which book was your  favorite  to write?

 Vhamps was just so easy to write, I literally sat down and poured out the entire book in about two weeks. 

When and why did you begin writing? 

Age 10 I thought I could be a writer, I had some earlier works published in small publications throughout my schooling years...and then realized I could never make any money at it. 

When did you first consider yourself a writer? 

When someone actually bought a book from me and then still wanted to read another one. 



What inspired you to write your first book? 

My wife suggested people might actually like my writing and while I am still surprised by this as usual she was right. 

Do you have a specific writing style? 

I have several different types, some people have said I ramble like Stephen King...and honor I am not worthy of, but I liked one reader who called it "casual, fun, and like having a chat with a bunch of old friends." 

Who was the easiest character to write for and why and  hardest and why?

 Gavin from Swinging in Paradise because he is most like me, I have a hard time writing the sneaky characters the most, because I am a very honest and open person. 

which lead character  is your personal  favourite  and why? Probably

If you could pick one of your books to be made into a movie which one would you choose  and why? Probably the Paradise series into a reality tv show. It would be epic and oh so hot. Vhamps would make a better movie. 


What was your favorite  book as a child?

 John Grisham, Stephen King and Mark Twain. 

How did you come up with the title?

 My titles usually come from just random thoughts that pop into my head, and then the book follows with a beginning concept, a middle sentence, and the ending. 

How much of the book is realistic?

 I feel all books should have some realistic elements in them, even if they are fiction. I hope the reader wonders the same thing when they are done. 

Are experiences based on someone you know, or events in your own life?

 Definitely try to incorporate aspects of my own life somewhere in each book, sometimes other people I know are parts of characters as well. I enjoy mixing in parts of real life because to me it makes the story that much more important and relatable to the reader. 

Have you ever binned a book when half way through thinking it wasn't  good enough? 

I wrote a lot in my youth, and 95% of it no one besides me ever saw it or ever will. It was my way of calming my mind, and not meant for public consumption. 

What books have most influenced your life most?

 George RR Martins Game of Thrones, and not because I can write that type of thing, but because he isnt afraid to do it his own way. Same with Stephen King. Elle Casey because she is a book machine and I love her style. Aria Michaels Killshot because while YA isn't my normal genre it was so powerful I couldn't put it down. 

If you had to choose, which writer would you consider a mentor?

 Secretly Stephen King since I was old enough to read, I was reading IT and The Shinning and was way to young, but to feel and hear the way a story could be told, there was just no one better. 

What book are you reading now? 

Hmmm. I am currently reading Black House by Stephen King and Peter Straub

Are there any new authors that have grasped your interest?

 Aria Michaels for sure, there are many great new authors out there. Keith Anderson, J.F. Silver. I also love Elle Casey, Kristen Ashley. 

What are your current projects?

 Currently I have at least 15 works in progress, but only 3 or 4 that I am religiously working on. The next two books in the Paradise Series will be coming out close together this Fall. Snowing in Paradise the Denver Novella and then Surrendering in Paradise the 2nd book of the series.Plus I am working on a new series called Confessions, which hopefully will help your work days better no matter your job. Plus I am preparing to hopefully knock out Vhamps Vol. 2 as fast as the first one.  

Do you recall how your interest in writing originated?

 I was a weird and super nerdy kid. I used to read encyclopedias for fun. I thought it was good reading. I started writing to help keep my mind focused, not that my stories were ever very focused. I used it as an outlet to deal with my own social and intellectual differences with the rest of the "regular" world. 

Can you share a little of your current work with us? 

Happy to share a snippet from Snowing in Paradise with you this is copyrighted work by J.W. Snootz 2015. Warning Graphic Content 18+!!

“Baby I think Hether wants us to join, what do you think?” I asked Gavin who I just realized was engrossed in watching the tall golden boy fucking the tiny thing from behind. While he stared into the eyes of the also young and built dark haired woman on the towel beside the hot tub. “Baby? Gavin!” I snapped my fingers in front of his face, and then he finally broke his stare.

“Sorry, yes let’s definitely join Hether and Steve…. but mostly as a gateway drug don’t you think?” He said softly in my ear as we stood and made a slow walk over to where Hether was pushing Steve out of the water and up onto the side of the hot tub. He now sat exposed as she squeezed his balls hard he groaned and she licked at his head while looking up at me as if to say please help. I was happy to, I pushed Steve down and pulled him all the way onto the cool pavement, I flung, my bottoms off and into the hot tub and kneeled down. Placing my already very wet pussy onto Steve’s outstretched tongue, I told him “fuck my pussy Steve.”

Is there anything you find particularly challenging in 
your writing?

 Finding the time to get more of it done is really the only problem I have. 
Who designed the covers?

 The brilliant and beautiful Kari Ayasha! 



Do you have any advice for other writers? 

Dont' be afraid to take break, I know so many people say just force yourself to write as much as possible. For me that doesnt work. I need breaks to keep the story fresh and flowing. I like to write 10k words and then take a few days off and let the story rebuild in my mind and then do it again. Just find a system that works for you and let's you write the best way that fits your life. There is no particular best way to do it. 

Do you have anything specific that you want to say
 to your readers?

 I love you! All of you! Even the ones who hate my work or maybe never plan to even read it! I love you because you read, and reading is awesome and needs to continue if we plan to survive as a species, on this planet or any other. 

Do you have any funny quirks or stories you would like  to tell us about yourself? 

Ha the list is too long to talk about. I have OCD and I usually eat orange tic tacs when I write. I can fit most of my entire book notes on one or two big post it notes. 

What do you like to do to keep fit? 

Golf, Work out, Walk, I get crazy when I am in fitness mode...and my gut says I should be back in the mode ASAP! 

What do you like to do when your not busy working
 and writing? 

Fish, relax, read, listen to music, soak in the hot tub, hang out with great friends, travel. 

Where do you see you self in ten years time? 

Traveling and writing full time! 

Thank you for  joining  me today you have been awesome. 

Anytime anyone wants to listen to me babble on about anything in the world I am always game! Especially politics!


ALL OF JAMES'S BOOKS ARE AVAILABLE TO BUY ON AMAZON NOW,
 SO GO CHECK THEM OUT

2 comments:

  1. I have all of j.w. Snootz's books! Loved each and everyone. Sitting here pationtly biting my nails waiting to be put out of my misery with his next book. ♡♡♡

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete