I am a wife and a mother of three.

24/05/2015

RAINE MILLER

AUTHOR INTERVIEW


WITH


RAINE MILLER


PLEASE WELCOME THE BRILLIANT AND AMAZING WOMAN BEHING THE SMASH HIT BLACKSTONE AFFAIR SERIES, RAINE MILLER


Hello Raine
Tell us a little about yourself?

I am a wife and a mom who loves to read first and foremost. 


How would you describe your books? 

My books are always romance, always erotic and slightly edgy.


What genre is your work mainly? Do you tend to stay in the same vein or are you hoping (if not already) to explore new ventures?

I began writing in Historical Romance and truly never thought I could ever write in any other.  Deciding to write contemporary was pushing myself, and adding in the suspense/mystery element was an even greater challenge.  But...if I hadn't ever pushed myself to write Naked, then nobody would probably even know who I was at all, so it was the key. Now, I am itching to write something paranormal, which I love to read, but will be challenging for me to create. But, another part of the equation is to make sure you are enjoying whatever genre you are writing in, as a writer, or what is the point?


Share with us a quote from one of your favourite characters in your books.

My all-time favorite ...  "Unzip me and take out my cock." --Ethan to Brynne


Is it hard to come up with new ideas and / or plots? 

Nope.  They just come.


Do you have any hobbies?

Oh, yes.  I love to do crafts.  I collect these little Putz cardboard Christmas houses and elves from the 1940's. I have about five hundred of them in total. 
When I buy them off eBay, they are in pretty bad shape so I have fun embellishing them and adding new glitter and pretty stuff.
LOVE my crafts.  I also make book related velvet ribbon bookmarks and jewelry with charms specific to my stories. I will always do crafts.


Do you have a specific writing style? 

I am definitely a planner, and not a punster.  I have an idea, and then an outline and copious notes.  Some scenes are off the cuff, but most of it has been thought out in my head and massaged for a long time before it makes it down onto the page.


How did you come up with the title for Naked?

Well, that was pretty easy.  She was a nude model, and she ends up baring her soul down to nothing in order to find her true love.


How much of the book is realistic? Are experiences based on someone you know, or events in your own life? 

My books are fiction.  I don't write about myself, or at least, I haven't in any of my books. Some minor details might be from my life or a loved one, though. My husband and I are diehard Jimi Hendrix fans, for instance.  I studied Art History in college and have a minor in it, so writing about paintings and art is easy and fun for me.


What books have most influenced your life most?

The authors whose books have influenced my writing style (not my life) are JR Ward's Black Dagger Brotherhood series, anything by Elizabeth Hoyt, and also the contemporary romance of Megan Hart.


What book are you reading now? 

Seducing Lauren, by Kristen Proby


Who designed the covers? 

Naked and All In were done by Kim Killion, Eyes Wide Open by Simon & Schuster, Cherry Girl and Rare and Precious Things by Marya Heiman (Strong Image Design).


What was the hardest part of writing your book? 

As you go in a series, the books get harder to write and to fill in the story arc correctly and wrap up all of the loose ends.  So Naked was easiest for me.  Each book grew to be more difficult in technical aspect because you are dealing with so many more details and also, characters. 


Do you have any advice for other writers? 

Three things.  1)  Take care of your fans.  2) Take care of your financial business.  3)  Write every day. Nothing else is important.


Do you have anything specific that you want to say to your readers?

I want to tell them how amazing I think they are to love and embrace my books as they do. They make it possible for me to do what I love for a living.  I am blessed.


How long have you been writing for? 

I started writing in 2009 when I was on a medical leave for 2 months after a surgery.  Everyone was gone at work and school and I was all alone each day.  I just started with a scene, and then moved to a book, and my passion grew.


What is your favourite movie? 

Well, movies that I went back to see multiple times??? 
Tombstone (at least 17 times) Twilight (10 plus movie sittings) Pride and Prejudice with Keira Knightly and Matthew MacFayden (7 times)


How long does it take you to complete a novel from concept to completion?

Sometimes years.  Priceless, which will be my next release was started in summer of 2012 and will be published in summer of 2014.


Have you ever trashed a novel or story before or after finishing it, feeling it wasn't turning out as you planned?

Not trashed as of yet, but I have lots of books that are started or have huge portions complete that just sit in a box under my bed.  They might see a kindle someday, or they might not.


Out of all your brilliant characters, which ones were you favourite? 

That's really hard to answer.  Like a mother, being asked to tell which of her children is her favorite.  I couldn't say.  I love them all equally.  Now, if you ask my who my favorite character is from another writer's books, then it would be Vishous, from JR Ward's Black Dagger Brotherhood.  *wink*


Do you have a special time or place to write? 

I write mostly at night after my family is asleep.


Which one of your awesome books would you like to see be made in to a movie? 

Well, I think Blackstone Affair would make a really excellent cable TV series.


Can you write on demand and under pressure, or do you need time and space before the creativity starts to flow and how do you overcome writers block? 

I work very well under pressure.  I can pull it out from somewhere at the last hour.



No comments:

Post a Comment