I am a wife and a mother of three.

24/05/2015

CM DOPORTO

AUTHOR INTERVIEW


WITH


CM DOPORTO




PLEASE WELCOME THE BRILLIANT AND TALENTED AUTHOR CHRISTI DOPORTO


Tell us a little about yourself?

Im a mother of an eight-year-old boy and Im married to my college sweetheart. I live in Texas and have an extensive family. I earned my Bachelors Degree in Journalism from The University of Texas at Arlington. For the past fifteen years Ive been working in the field of human resources. Learning and growing is something I love to do and cant seem to turn it off. Since Im a life-long learner, I returned to school and earned a Master of Arts Degree in Organizational Development from Dallas Baptist University. I can honestly say that creative writing is more fun .

How would you describe your books?

I write young adult and new adult books about stories about ordinary women who do extraordinary things, become a heroine, and find love along the way. My books are Sci-Fi and Contemporary Romance books. The best way to describe my new adult books is swexy: sweet & sexy.

Share with us a quote from one of your favorite characters?


Raven was quickly fastening me in to a hot mess. His hot mess. - Lexi Thompson, Opposing Sides



 Is it hard to come up with new ideas or plots?

No. I usually dream them or they just come to me naturally. I was born with a vivid imagination and an innate creative ability.


How long does it take you to complete a finished book?

About ten weeks because I work FT.


Who is the easiest character to write for and why? Hardest and why?

Females are always the easiest characters for me to write, and the males are the hardest. I think its because I have to get in their heads and think like a guy.


Are your characters based on real people? People you may know on Tv or Movie stars?

I usually derive characteristics of people I know or read about for my characters, but none of them are based on real people.


Without giving anything away, what is or are your favorite scenes in your book?

My favorite scene from Opposing Sides is the stadium scene. SWEXY.


What's up next for you?

Im writing book 3 in the University Park Series followed by book 4, A Different Side, which will be the story from Raven Davenports POV.


Do you have any hobbies?

Lots. Too many. I enjoy anything creative, such as floral arranging, sewing, playing the piano, making swag for my books and other things.


When did you start? What was your first published piece?

I started writing six years and my first book was Element.


Out of all the books and stories you've written which is your favorite?

The University Park Series has to be my favorite so far.


What is your favorite genre to write?

I really enjoy writing New Adult romance.


What are your favorite movies?

Anything from Sci-Fi to Romance. No horror, unless its zombies.


Have you ever trashed a novel or story before or after finishing it, feeling it wasn't turning out as you planned?

Yes, I rewrote Element three times and it probably can still use a lot of work.


Any funny experiences or quirks you'd like to share with your readers?

I type too fast for my brain. Thats why I must have an editor.


Which one of your books would you like to see made into a movie?

Any of them.


What advice would you give to others who want to make writing their career?

Keep reading in the genre you write, write daily, and dont give up. If you have a story to tell, write it. Someone will read it and hopefully like it.


Do you ever get ideas at random moments, and if so how do you hang on to them?

I use the notepad on my phone or the voice recorder.


How do you overcome writers block and do you have a special place you like to write?

I listen to music and create a playlist. It helps me break the block and get into the characters head. I like to write at a nearby university and my office as well.


Can you write on demand and under pressure, or do you need time and space before the creativity starts to flow?

Im one that needs time and space to get in my creative streak, but once I start, I cant stop.

No comments:

Post a Comment