I am a wife and a mother of three.

15/06/2015

AMANDA JASON




Tell us a little about yourself?

My real name is Carol Kunz. I started writing with my son, Adam Kunz, five years ago as he knew it was on my bucket list to write a book. We have written three Young Adult and one Middle Grade book together. In 2013, Adam decided to write a New Adult book and so I decided to write one too. I also decided that I needed a pen name as I didn’t want any of our young readers to read my book. Amanda and Jason were my twin babies I lost my first pregnancy. It’s my way of paying tribute to them. On January 5th, 2014, I pressed the publish bottom for my book Lucky Number Four.  I live with my husband and two large fur babies near Orlando, Florida. Our adult kids, both live an hour away from us. I was born in England and my Mum is English and my Dad is American.



How would you describe your books?

New Adult Romance with a dash of comedy.



What genre is your work mainly? Do you tend to stay in the same vein or are you hoping ( if not already) to explore new ventures?

I love writing romance and I think will be my theme for all the books I write under Amanda Jason. Then again I may change my mind.



Share with us a quote from one of your favorite characters?

Dora :    “Uhhhh, I’m looking for Emily?” How moronic can I sound? I know my face is a “wish a hole would open up in the floor and swallow me” cherry red.    



Is it hard to come up with new idea's or plot's?

No. I have so many roaming around in my head.



How long does it take you to complete a finished book?

Okay so I’m writing two stories right now. The second in the series for Lucky Number Four and one that keeps calling me. Hopefully I will have one of them finished by this summer.



Who is the easiest character to write for and why? Hardest and why?

Women are the easiest because I’m a female, so trying to make my characters sound like macho males are a little challenging. Luckily, my Hubby and Son help out with that.

Are your characters based on real people? People you may know on TV or Movie stars?

Truth? Yes, but don’t tell anyone, especially my friends and family!  It’s our secret.



Without giving anything away ,what is or are your favorite scenes in your book?

The dinner where the models sit down to eat with Dora and her ‘crazy’ family.



What's up next for you?

Two books in the works both New Adult and both Romantic Comedies.



Do you have any hobbies?

Reading, Reading, Reading and making jewellery. Oh yes and walking the dog.



Is there anyone besides you in your family who writes?

My son and also my hubby has over seventy thousand words written but stopped. Hopefully he will continue.

When did you start? What was your first published piece?

Starting writing in 2010 and co-published The Childe, with my son Adam, under the name C.A. Kunz.



Do you have any favorite books or authors?

There are so many of them to mention. I don’t just read one category either. I love Romance, Horror, Sci-Fi, Suspense etc.  My favorite books growing up were The Chronicles of Narnia by C.S. Lewis.



Of all the books and stories you've written which is your favorite?

The Childe will always be the favorite of all the books that my son and I have written and will write in the future, but Lucky Number Four will always be my favorite by Amanda Jason.



Do you have a favorite character?

Dora



What is your favorite genre to write?

New Adult. No, Young Adult. No, Middle Grade. Okay I love them all.





What are your favorite movies?

This is a hard question. Just like my reading, I love so many movies.



How long have you been writing?

5 years.



Who or what has been your biggest literary influence?

Brahms Stoker and C.S. Lewis



How Difficult is it for you to come up with one of your brilliant plots?

I try to do an outline but I’m always changing things. Somehow, it always comes together in the end.



How about characters? Are they easily born and developed?

I have met so many people in my long life that characters are a breeze to make up.



About how long does it take you to take for you to complete a novel from concept to completion?

Lucky Number Four took me a year. My parents, my hubby and I all had health problems that caused me pen it slowly. The two I’m working on now should take six months to do each one.



Have you ever trashed a novel or story before or after finishing it, feeling it wasn't turning out as you planned?

No.



Any funny experiences or quirks you'd like to share with your readers?

I still haven’t gotten used to being called Amanda Jason and so when people call that name, I rarely respond.  My dog walks me. Hey he’s 120lb, yellow lab and has a mind of his own. My son gave me our other fur baby 12 years ago on Mother’s Day and she LOVES my hubby more than me. It’s true.  I’m in the process of releasing my weight, not losing, because when you lose something you try to find it again. And I’m not going to find it again!



What are the good and bad points to being a writer?

Good: You get to hold a book that you wrote in your hand. It’s an Awesome feeling.

Bad:  You get frustrated when LIFE interrupts your writing time.



Which one of your books would you like to see made into a movie?

The Childe by C.A. Kunz

Lucky Number Four by Amanda Jason



What is your favorite band or artist?

Bruno Mars



What was it like to publish your first book?

It was so surreal, holding the physical book in my hand and I slept with the proof on my pillow.  It was an Amazing and Wonderful feeling.



What advice would you give to others who want to make writing their career?

Do it. Don’t wait until my age to follow your dreams. Sit down and write.



Do you ever get ideas at random moments, and if so how do you hang on to them?

Post it notes are my friends.



How do you overcome writers block and do you have a special place you like to write?

I get up and walk the dog, fresh air clears my brain. I love to write in my oversized recliner with my laptop desk, in silence.



Can you write on demand and under pressure, or do you need time and space before the creativity starts to flow?

I don’t know. Haven’t had to do it.



Who or what was the inspiration  behind your books?

My son and my family.


No comments:

Post a Comment