I am a wife and a mother of three.

10/06/2015

Katie mayo jackson


Please welcome the beautiful and funny,
 Katie Mayo Jackson

How are you ?Tell us a little about yourself?

I'm fine thanks. I'm currently living in a house share, which is interesting and a new experience for me. I'm a fibro sufferer so everything
 I do takes a toll on my health. I'm a reader as well as a writer & I am a major film & tv addict.

Are the stories old ones you have saved on you computer
 or new?
They're new ones. I tend to always hand write my stories out first then type them once completed but on a couple of occasions I've started new ones on the laptop.



When and why did you begin writing?

I began writing stories from ten but didn't take it seriously
 until I was sixteen. I've gotten more engrossed in my writing the past few years as my health has gotten worse as it is one
 way for me to escape for a little while.

When did you first consider yourself a writer?

Since I started properly at sixteen, but I first became an
 author when my work was picked up by a publisher.
 Since then I have changed to a different publishing house
 which I won't leave, they're my publishing family, 
but I have also taken to publishing my own work now too. 


What inspired you to write your first book?

I was watching X-files and I really wanted to write a book or a series of books that had me caring for the characters the same way I cared about what happened to Scully an Mulder.

Who was the easiest character to write for and 
why and  hardest and why?

from my latest book, the easiest character would have to be Daphne. She's fun, easy to relate too and a really interesting person.
Hardest would have to be Nick, I had to make this character be involved in Daphnes past, present and future, and had to write it out so it wouldn't reveal too much too soon.

What was your favorite  book as a child?

As a child I didn't overly have a favourite book because 
I loved reading every genre and story I could, but I did like to read and re-read the famous five series.

How did you come up with the title?

It actually sprung to my mind after I had typed it up from handwritten work on the book. I re-read it a couple days after completing it so it was fresh in my mind and noticed that she has a past with this person, and that he would do anything to get her attention and get her back into his life by any means necessary.



How much of the book is realistic?

The characters and the story is pure writer imagination but some of the places in New York and the all the street names 
are real. Google maps was my friend for this book.

Are experiences based on someone you know, or events in
 your own life?

Thankfully no, If someone had to go through that on a daily basis, or experience losing a child like that, I wouldn't know how they'd survive through it.

What books have most influenced your life most?


The Harry Potter Series made me be understand that
 people aren't always what they appear to be.
The Twilight saga made me aware that all love can be 
unhealthy and dangerous in one way or another it's finding
 the strength to get through it, with or without the person
 who you're in love with by your side.

If you had to choose, which writer would you consider 

a mentor?

J.K. Rowing. Her first draft for Harry Potter got refused like ten times before taken on board with a publishing company. She didn't let it beat her down, she didn't take no for an answer because she loved her work and knew some people would like it. She didn't think it would be such a big success. That's taught me to do something I love and no matter the outcome, if it's something I love why would I stop doing it?

What book are you reading now?

I've just finished Another Life by Georgina Hannan. 
Definitely one to read. Just the right amount of he, mystery 
and sci-fi goodness.... Does it say something that I was rooting for the bad boy?..... don't answer that.... hehe. :)

If you had to choose  one of your books to be made into a movie what one would you choose and who would you cast as your leading roles?

Ooooh good question. I'd have to choose The Lost Souls series, The sisterhoods Saviour. definitely.To play Katerina I'd have 
to pick Lily Collins, you don't see her in much but what she
 is in, blows my mind away.

Are there any new authors that have grasped your interest?

I haven't come across any as of late but that's because I haven't had much time to read this past few months. I'm either at appointments, designing covers or writing my own work.

What are your current projects?

I'm working on the second freelancer series novel, the second source series book, and two others that are either one offs, or the start of another series, or two. Have to wait and see on that one.

you have written  loads of books, out of them which one 
would you say is a favourite  of your readers?

Definitely the source, I always get messages asking for
 the next instalment.

And which one is your favourite  book you have written?


Definitely this one, I love the genre it falls in. Murder, 
Mystery, hot guys. A woman can't say it doesn't have
 all the right boxes ticked. hehe.

Who is your favourite character  out of all the brilliant

 ones you have brought to life in your books?

Definitely Natasha from the source, she's so much
 fun to write for.

Can you share a little of your current work with us?


I'm currently working on the second Source book, so I can share some of that, but it is unedited so no hating on it, Spoiler Alert by the way.

He knelt down in front of me and took the duct tape off of my lips and pulled the cloth out of my mouth allowing me to cough and take in bigger breaths. "You're the source Natasha, Mother Nature in human form, in essence you are Eve."........ "I knew it as we danced together, the fatal attraction that sparked between us."......."You know who I am. I'm your male counterpart." I knew he was right, the night at the twins club when we danced in that dressing room, between us had been a connection that I had never felt before in my life and hadn't felt since then. 
He pushed down lightly on my knee making me gasp in pain. "We're soul-mates Natasha."
"Fuck you." I spat into his smiling face and as
 he stood up he wiped his face clean.
"You will." 

Is there anything you find particularly challenging
 in your writing?

When you're writing in sci-fi or supernatural genre it is easy to get carried away, so it's hard finding out how far you can go before you have to reign it back in. You want the readers to feel the story is somewhat possible, not improbable..... if that's the right word.

Who is your favorite author and what is it that really 

strikes you about their work?

James Pattersons' work is amazing, the right amount of thriller, murder, creepy factor is in those pages of his and it just pulls you in from the get go.

If you could co- author a book with another author 

who would it be?

Any author? Have to be Anne Rice, her books made me fall in love with vampires and their world. he'd be amazing to work with.

Who designed the covers?


I designed the cover for Deadly Affection and it's just
 a temp till I get the proper one sorted.

You are not only a writer but you also design covers is there anything else your hiding from us that you can do?


I've been told I'm a good singer, but I don't believe it, I think I sound dodgy, but apparently, I don't so who knows.

What was the hardest part of writing your book?

Writing a character into New York when I haven't been there myself. Very hard.

Do you have any advice for other writers?

If you're in writing because you want fame and success, you might as well get out now, it won't come easily, or quickly and without had work. If you write, because like me, it is something you love to do, then don't give up. Everyone hits that horrible wall called Writers block, you'll overcome it and believe in your work. Know, that you'll always have the worlds you create to go to should things get hard. Just believe in yourself, that the hardest thing to do, and once you do, you'll be unstoppable.

Do you have anything specific that you want to say
 to your readers?

Thank you, for reading my books, believing in my work and supporting me throughout.

What do you like to do when your not 
writing your next book?

Main thing I do is watch movies and tv shows, if not that 
then I read. I'm a pretty solitary person.

What an when is your next release?

June, it's an anthology with other authors from Nevermore Press and Raven Seductions.

Now for some fun 😉

Who is your vampire Angel or spike?

-definitely Spike. he has enough sex appeal, broodiness, bad assery and epicness for me. Angel schmangel. hehe.

If you could be a mythical creature what would you be?

I'd be a vampire hands down. Not a sparkly kind neither, a proper, Anne Rice vampire.

What is your favourite TV show?

I have more then one. You have of course, Buffy the vampire slayer, Angel, Firefly, Dollhouse. (basically anything Joss Whedon made). The Big Bang Theory, The Walking Dead, Mrs Browns Boys, The Sarah Connor Chronicles & Stargate.

What is your favourite movie?


Again, I don't have one, so you're going to get a few. Star Wars, Serenity, Avengers, Vampire Academy, Mortal Instruments, Harry Potter Series, Twilight Saga, Mirror Mirror & anything Disney hehe.

What 3 words would you use to discribe yourself?

Unique, Fun & weird.

Your stuck on a dessert island for a month with 3 people who are you stuck with?
There going to be a mix of fiction& non-fiction.
Cpt. Jack Sparrow, strange and fun, so no day
 will be boring at all and he'll make
 it interesting.Bear Grylls, cause he'll know how 
we can all survive and teach us too.
Carlisle Cullen. Wel need a dr, and i'll never tire 
from watching his skin sparkle. lol.

Who is your favourite actor?

Milla Jovovich. Plays a bad ass character in the resident evil films, family person, seems a genuine nice person and she's just a really good actor. (my answer will change every time i'm asked. lol.)

What is your favourite band/artist?

Bon Jovi & Evanescence are my top 2.

I know how funny you are 😉Tell me something
 your readers may not know about you?
hmmmmm.... *thinks*....... I love musicals, be it film 
or on stage, I love the idea of people just bursting into
 song and it's considered normal.

What would you say are your best qualities?


Trustworthy, fun, friendly, strange & I always think of a positive, 
even on a bad day. Always something to smile about.

What are you most looking forward to coming up?


December, new star wars film. So excited to see it 
and see how it relates to the other six films.

Thank you so much for agreeing to do this interview with  me it has been a absolute  pleasure  chatting with you.
Louise

No comments:

Post a Comment