I am a wife and a mother of three.

24/05/2015

KELLY ELLIOT


PLEASE WELCOME THE TALENTED AUTHOR BEHIND THE SMASH HIT BOOKS, 
THE WANTED SERIES. 
KELLY ELLIOT


Hello Kelly, Tell us a little about yourself? 





I've been married to the love of my life
for over 20 years. I have one daughter,
two dogs, and two cats.
I live in the country and am not a city girl.
 I'd rather be sitting on my back porch
 than doing anything else!





How would you discribe your books?



Romantic, real, funny, emotional and written from my heart



What genre is your work mainly? Do you tend to stay in the same vein or are you hoping ( if not already ) to explore new ventures?



Contemporary romance is mainly what I write. I will be writing a historical romance novel due out next year. 






Is it hard to come up with new idea's
and / or plot's?



Not really. I have tons of ideas floating in
my head...just not enough time to get them
all down as a story!



What inspired you to write your book?



Depends what book you're asking about. The song Wanted by Hunter Hayes inspired my book Wanted. Some of my other books have been inspired by other songs, or things that have happened in my life or someone I know.

Who is the easiest character to write for and Why? Hardest and why?




They have all pretty much been the same to be honest with you. It was hard to write a few scenes. Like when Ari lost her baby because that hit very close to home for me. Other than that, I haven't had a real problem with writing anyone. 



Without giving anything away, what is / are your favourite scenes in your book ( s )?



The scene in Broken where Whitley and Layton are in the deer stand. Gunner and Ellie on the canoe ride. Josh and Heather by the river. Reed and Courtney's marriage...I have a ton!

Do you have any hobbies?



I like to garden (when I have time), read, hike and I love to go camping.




How did you come up with the title?



They just pop in my head most of the time. 



How much of the book is realistic? Are experiences based on someone you know, or events in your own life?



Sometimes. Most of the books are fictional with a little bit of real thrown in every now and then.



If you had to choose, which writer would you consider a mentor? 



Jane Austen


What book are you reading now? 



Don't Let Go by Sharla Lovelace



What are your current projects? If you had to do it all over again, would you change anything in your books?



I'm about to finish up The Journey Home which is a stand alone novel. Nope...the only thing I would change is have my first book professionally edited. 



Do you recall how your interest in writing originated? 



Not really. I just remember wanting to write starting at about the age of 14.



Can you share a little of your current work with us?



I'll just say it's nothing like I've done before. 



Is there anything you find particularly challenging in your writing?



Finding time to write!




Do you have any advice for other writers?



Write for yourself. It's your story and only you know how to tell it.



Do you have anything specific that you want to say to your readers?



Thank you so much for supporting me and being just amazing! I have meet some wonderful people over the last two years!

What is your favourite genre to write?


Contemporary romance 



What is your favourite genre to read?



Romance, historical romance


How long have you been writing for?



I've always written in some way or another. Professionally for two years. 


What is your favourite  movie?



Steel Magnolias



How long does it take you to complete a novel from concept to completion?



Depends. I wrote Wanted in a little over a month. Longest has been three months.



What was your first published piece? And how was it to publish your first book?



I had an article published when I was in college. Wanted was my first published book


Have  you ever trashed a novel or story before or after finishing it, feeling it wasn't turning out as you planned?

Nope!


Do you have a special time or place to write?



On my back porch or anywhere outside and quite!




Any funny experiences or quirks you'd like to share with your readers?



LOL! I am obsessed with bubblegum, I hate wet towels on beds, I won't swim in water I can't see through. I have to load the dishwasher because everyone else does it wrong!



Which one of your awsome  books would you like to see be made in to a movie?

ANY!



What was the worse job you ever done?



Cleaning offices with my mother. I hated it but I didn't want my mother to have to do it alone.


Do you ever get any ideas at random moments, and if so how do you hand on to them?



I keep a recorder with me at all times and talk into it. Or I write it down in a notebook. Thoughts come to me all the time.



Can you write on demand and under pressure, or do you need time and space before the creativity starts to flow and how do you over come writers block?



Yes I can. I don't like to but I can. I have yet to suffer from writers block and I hope I never do!

No comments:

Post a Comment