I am a wife and a mother of three.

06/07/2015

Georgina hannan

Author interview
with
Georgina Hannan


Please welcome the brilliant Georgina Hannan

Hi Georgia,tell us a little about yourself?

I am a full time Project Manager for an IT company. I spend as much of my free time as I can with my boyfriend (he's 1 of my best friends too!).

I am shy but very talkative! (weird combination I know).
 I normally talk to people first, just a quick hello - mostly because I don't like being alone knowing someone else
 is too.
I am very loyal but I have my limits so if I burn the bridge you are standing on - chances are you lit the match!

I feel I am a good listener and I love to learn about other people's lives.

Are the stories old ones you have saved 
or new?

Both - I have LOTS of stories in the pipeline! ;-)

When and why did you begin writing?

I started when I was about 14, I'd written a short story for a school English project and it received really good marks. Another idea entered my mind and I began writing it. After that story I focused on my studies again and put it down until a few years later when I started writing again.

When did you first consider yourself a writer?

When I began getting lots of ideas and realized I couldn't ignore them, I had to write them down.

What inspired you to write your first book?

The first book when I was 14 was inspired by my school experience and the love triangle I'd childishly longed for.

The first book I published (Cursed) was inspired by a day trip to Dartmoor, Devon, England, where I learnt about the myths of the area and an idea was sparked.





Do you have a specific writing style?

I don't think so, I write the way that suits the story. It's mostly 3rd person but a few 1st person too.

Who was the easiest character to write for and why and hardest and why?

Wow - not sure, Daisy (from my Cursed Trilogy) was both easy and hard because she was based around myself and I had to be really honest with how I'd feel in the situations she was in, especially towards the end of the Trilogy.

Lily (from Another Life) was harder because she was new.

All my characters have easy and hard sections and characteristics. I am sure some of my future characters will prove difficult.

What was your favorite book as a child?

I don't think I can remember a specific book - however the Point Horror books were the ones who actually got me into reading so I'll never forget those types of books.

How did you come up with the title?

Cursed - the book was about a girl who thought, by the end of it, that she was Cursed so the title fit there.

Obsession - Daisy becomes obsessed with her university assignment into her family history.

Absolution - means "formal release from guilt, obligation, or punishment." and this is what Daisy is trying to receive for another character in this book so it was a good name for the book.


How much of the book is realistic?

Cursed - a lot of it is, as its set in real places, with real historical facts and real myths of the area. However the characters and what they experience are fictitious.

Obsession & Absolution & Another Life - All fiction

However, I would say if you believe all four of my books (so far) are realistic.

Are experiences based on someone you know, or events in your own life?

There is always some sort of experience in there even if its just the feelings. This enables the stories to feel more real.

What books have most influenced your life most?

The Point Horror collection of books, without which I don't think I'd be reading or writing.

If you had to choose, which writer would you consider a mentor?

Gosh - possibly Lauren Kate and/or Karen Mahoney

What book are you reading now?

I have stopped reading for a bit to edit my latest book however I had just started For Always by Janae Mitchell

Are there any new authors that have grasped your interest?

Oh lots! In no particular order; Katie Mayo-Jackson, Lavinia Urban, Danni Williams, Apryl Baker and so many more.

What are your current projects?

Hehe well I can't tell you too much as I've not revealed the title or cover yet but I am working on a Romantic Comedy and another Romance. Also have A LOT more in planning stages - I've set up a little personal release plan so I can keep track of all my ideas.

Do you recall how your interest in writing originated?

As mentioned above, it started at school due to a writing assignment and the rest they say is history.

Can you share a little of your current work with us?

Of course here is a snippet from Another Life, my latest release



Out of all your characters who is your favourite?

A favourite? That's like asking a mother to choose her favourite child! I don't think I can as they all have different characteristics.

Although... I know I shouldn't but I have a special place for Tyler from the Cursed Trilogy and Leon from Another Life.

Who was the inspiration behind the characters in your new book ?

Mostly no one, they are just ideals which popped into my head.


Is there anything you find particularly challenging in your writing?

Anything challenging? No because if I don't know it - I'll learn it as part of the research!

Only thing I'd say that's challenging is finding the time and energy to write! :(

Who is your favorite author and what is it that really strikes you about their work?

As mentioned above, Lauren Kate & Karen Mahoney - they have a real ability to draw you into the story and make you forget about the real world and really become absorbed in their world.
Who designed the covers?

Cursed Trilogy covers were painted exclusively for me by my friend Michael Garvey (some of his work can be seen here http://fineartamerica.com/profiles/michael-garvey.html)

Another Life was designed by Katie Mayo-Jackson for me.

What was the hardest part of writing your book?

Timings I suppose. Sometimes I just don't have the time to write and sometimes I am just tired and drained.


What star sign are you?

Sagittarius

What is your favourite colour?

Lime Green


What is your favourite movie?

erm... I'm not sure, probably the Harry Potter series, specifically Prisoner of Azkaban

Do you have any advice for other writers?

Just keep writing. Write what you want to write not what someone is telling you to write.
Write for you not others.

Do you have anything specific that you want to say to your readers?

Thank you! Also keep reading and looking out for my work... There are some new and different things coming from me as the future moves forward.


No comments:

Post a Comment