I am a wife and a mother of three.

16/08/2015

Illyria Brant

AUTHOR INTERVIEW
WITH



Please welcome new author the lovely Illyria Brent.

 Hello Illyria, how are you today?

 I'm doing great! Just another day of editing for me!

Tell us a little about yourself?

 Along with being a writer, i am an English Teacher in NYC. They say that the best writers are the ones that "read read read", and that is certainly true for me! I'm an avid reader. My love for writing developed at a young age, when i fell in love with the written world. Reading and writing are my two favorite hobbies! When I'm not reading or writing, i enjoy watching action movies, martial arts movies, romance, romantic comedies, and comedies. I'm an animal lover, and have 3 pet parrots. I enjoy socializing with my friends, readers, and followers on Facebook and Twitter.  And a "fun fact" about myself is that i am named after a mysterious land called "Illyria" from Shakespeare's play the "Twelfth Night".



 What is your favourite movie?

 I have so many favorites! I love "The Notebook, Twilight, Fifty Shades of Grey, Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter, When Harry Met Sally, Dirty Dancing, Pretty Woman, The Princess Bride, A Walk to Remember, Bridget Jones's Diary, etc." As you can see, i love movies lol. I can never just pick one favorite book, or one favorite movie.

What is your favourite colour?

 Cerulean blue is my favorite color.



 What star sign are you?

 I'm a Leo.

Are you a action, horror or Romance movie type of girl?

 I would say I'm a Romance and Action movie
 type of gal.



What is your ring tone on your phone? 

The basic iPhone ringtone.

What do your family  think about you writing and have they read any of your work?

 My family is very supportive of my writing, but since i write steamy love scenes, they prefer not to read those parts! lol.

Are you any good in the kitchen and what is your specialty?

 I love cooking different types of pasta dishes. Italian food is my favourite.



What is your favourite  food?

 I love Pizza and Pasta.

What is the most  romantic thing a man has done for you?

 He's taken me to see the beautiful night sky in Upstate New York. Afterwards, as we said goodnight, i closed my door, and leaned against it, completely blown away by how sweet he was, only to hear a knock at the door 40 seconds later. As i opened the door, it was him! He leaned in and said "I love you". He'd come back just to say that one more time!



 There is a lot of BDSM books out now have you ever read any ?

 Of course! Fifty Shades of Grey is one of my favorites. I've also read the "Hacker Series" by Meredith Wild.

 If you were allowed one sex toy for rest of your sexual adventures which would it be and why? 

My sex toy would be the character Jamie Fraser from the TV show "Outlander" ;)

Are the stories old ones you have saved or new? 

My Romance novel, "Love's Siren Call (Book 1)" is a new story. It is an original work that i have just written within the past few months.

What is your favourite genre to write?

 Romance is my favorite genre to write.

Which  one of you're books was your  favorite  to write?

 I would say that "Love's Siren Call (Book 1)" was my favorite to write. It felt good to get the story out into written form! It practically burst out of me.



When and why did you begin writing?

 I began writing in elementary school. It came naturally to me. I started writing short stories and poetry. Eventually, i started filling up spiral notebooks with stories that i came up with as a child. My love for writing only grew with age. I dabbled in many different genres of writing, but Romance is the genre i have always been drawn to. Writing is just a part of me. I am happiest when i am writing.



When did you first consider yourself a writer? 

As long as one writes, they are a writer. So i considered myself a writer since i was in Junior High.

 What inspired you to write your first book?

 I had a dream several years ago, in college. A very romantic dream. I had this dream many times, and i could not ignore it any longer. I simply had to turn it into a book! This dream inspired me to write my first book (Love's Siren Call).

 Do you have a specific writing style?

 I don't have any specific writing style. I write what comes to me, and try to be as truthful as i can to the human condition.

which lead character  is your personal  favourite  and why?

 My favorite character from my novel "Love's Siren Call" is Aariya. She has a strong will and sticks up for what she believes in, despite all her insecurities. She is determined to make it in the legal world!

 If you could pick one of your books to be made into a movie which one would you choose and why?

 "Love's Siren Call" is my first novel. It also happens to be my debut novel. It would make a great movie. The reader and viewer can relate to my characters in their struggles throughout the book. It is a perfect blend of drama and romance that will leave you on the edge of your seat wanting to know what happens next!

 Who would you cast for the movie?

 I would cast Ian Somerhalder as my lead male character, with his intense blue eyes and dark brown hair. I would cast a half Indian and half Causcasian actress to play my lead actress. The actress would need to have hazel eyes, as that is the color of my main character's eyes. Kristin Kreuk has the perfect eye color for my character.

What was your favorite  book as a child?

 The "Goosebumps" series.

 How did you come up with the title?

 Love is something that we can never resist. It is like a Siren call, luring us into its clutches. Taking a-hold of us. I often think of Greek mythology. The Sirens were these beautiful creatures that lured great men with their alluring and hypnotic voices. This concept gave me inspiration for my title. We can't fight falling in love. No matter how hard we try!

 How much of the book is realistic?

 I tried to keep the whole book grounded and realistic, so that my readers could relate, and yet i added a perfect blend of romance.

 Are experiences based on someone you know, or events in your own life?

 No, my novel is a complete work of fiction.

 Have you ever binned a book when half way through thinking it wasn't  good enough? 

Yes! there are many books that i started, and then saved them on my laptop thinking they were not good enough. I hope to eventually get back to them! Us writers are our own worst critics!

What books have most influenced your life most?

 Every novel I've ever read has influenced me. From Jane Eyre, to Shakespeare, to Fifty Shades of Grey!

 If you had to choose, which writer would you consider a mentor?

 Bella Andre is one of my favorite Romance authors. In fact, I've had the pleasure of speaking to her several times on Facebook and Twitter (under a different pen-name). Bella is down to earth and friendly. She always takes the time to talk to me. When i was first embarking on my journey in writing my novel "Love's Siren Call", i asked her for some advice. She told me to write what i love, and the rest would fall into place. And then she said "You've got this". I really appreciated her advice, and did just that. I wrote what i loved!

 What book are you reading now?

 I am currently reading "Grey" by E.L. James, and "Pucked" by Helena Hunting.

 Are there any new authors that have grasped your interest?

 Yes! i like J.S. Cooper.

 What are your current projects?

 I'm currently in the process of creating an author website for myself. I'm also brain-storming ideas for the next book (Book 2)  in my "Love's Siren Call" series.

 Who is your favorite author and what is it that really strikes you about their work?

 My favorite author is Bella Andre. She has great story lines, that really suck the reader in. We also fall in love with her characters.

 Who designed the covers?

 The cover for my debut novel has yet to be made. My novel is currently in with my editor.

 What was the hardest part of writing your book? 

The editing is always the hardest part of writing. It is also the most time consuming.

 Do you have any advice for other writers?

 Yes! try to write at least 1 page a day. Even if you are busy with a day job, or a parent, etc., writing 1 page a day will eventually add up to a complete book in no time! Stay consistent.

Do you have anything specific that you want to say to your readers?

 I want to say THANK YOU for all your support. I appreciate and love you all!


What do you like to do to keep fit?

 I like exercising on the elliptical.

 What do you like to do when your not busy working and writing?

 In my down time, i enjoy reading, going out to eat, going to the movies, and spending time with my family and friends. I recently went white water rafting with my friends! and am going on a dinner cruise next month!


 Are you a car or motorbike kind of girl?

 I'm a car kind of girl.

 Where do you see you self in ten years time?

 In ten years, I see myself still teaching English, and having published many romance novels. I see myself as a well-known romance author!


KEEP YOUR EYES OPEN FOR ILLYRIA'S DEBUT BOOK COMING SOON !!

No comments:

Post a Comment