I am a wife and a mother of three.

09/08/2016

LIZZIE JAMES AUTHOR INTERVIEW 9TH AUGUST 2016

Author interview
With
Lizzie James



Hello Lizzie, How are you today?

I'm fine, thanks for having
 me here today.

Can you tell us a little about yourself?

I'm Lizzie and I'm an author of erotic romance. I'm from South Wales, UK and love writing about alpha males that know what they want. I released my first book in February and also help run a blog with my good friend Scarlet Le Clair who is also an author and our cover designer Kathryn Dee.

When did you decide you wanted to be a writer?

I always wanted to be a writer but lacked the self-belief in myself. One day my friend Scarlet said to me that I should give it a go. Then Tangled Web was born. Just goes to show that all you need is motivation and belief in yourself.



How much of your books are realistic?

I guess that would depend on your perspective. My Tangled series is based in London and follows the lives of the Walker and Johnson families. My readers say they feel it has a "Romeo & Juliet" type of feel to it. Except without the suicide lol.



How did you come up with the idea for Tangled Web?

I'm not really sure if there was a specific moment I came up with it. The final edit of Tangled Web was very different from what I had originally planned. I've always enjoyed books with alpha males that were domineering but also sweet at the same time.



When you wrote Tangled web who did you envision for your lead characters Chloe and Nathan?

I always saw Nick Bateman as Nathan Walker. From the second I saw him in a suit holding a glass of scotch, that was it. I think Lily Collins would make a gorgeous Chloe Johnson, especially if she died her hair to a reddish ginger.


What can readers expect in Tangled Lies, the sequel to Tangled web?

Readers can expect more drama from Adam, Chase & Sophie. Nathan and Chloe will continue to attempt to remain strong but there will be a lot of drama in store for them.



Will there be more from Nathan and co after Tangled Lies?

There will be a 3rd book after Tangled Lies that will hopefully wrap up Chloe & Nathan's story. I've also had several readers ask to hear from Chase (Chloe's brother). I can officially
 confirm that I will write a 4th standalone book from
 Chase & Louise's POV.

Is your real name, your author name or 
just a pen name?

I write under Lizzie James as a pen name but I've become so used to people calling me Lizzie that it's become second nature.



How would you describe yourself?

Kind, quiet but fun.

Do you have any bad habits?

I would say I nit-pick too much. I think I can be
 too much of a perfectionist.


What are your best qualities?

I'd like to think my best qualities are that I'm kind. If I can do anything for anyone or help them in any way, I will




What are you reading at the moment?

I'm currently reading Divided (book 3 in the Torn series) 
by Scarlet Le Clair and it is amazing.

What were your goals and intentions when you wrote your first book and do you feel you achieved them?

I honestly didn't expect to sell many copies. My goal was around 5 lol. I feel I have surpassed that and look forward to gaining and interacting with more readers as I grow.



What is the hardest thing about writing your books 
and the easiest?

The hardest thing is finding the time to write. I work full 
time so I can only write in the evenings.

The easiest thing I find is writing sex scenes. They seem to
 flow really well. Or maybe I just have a dirty mind lol.



Do you have a certain place you like to write?

No, I can write anywhere and everywhere. I also have the Microsoft Word app on my phone so that I can write on the go.



Is there a certain subject that you wouldn't write about as a author?

I think the only subject I would never write about is rape. As a reader I read to escape and would hate anything I write to trigger a bad experience for any of my readers. I feel it's an extremely sensitive subject and should only be tackled by those that have experienced it.



What advice do you have for aspiring authors?

Just to keep trying. Don't give up. We all have to start somewhere.



What did you do before becoming an author?

I read lol. I was an avid reader that always had a book with me.


If you could write a book with any author who would it be and why?

If I could pick any author it would be Scarlet Le Clair; which I am happy to say I will be doing this year. It's a secret project and I can't wait to release it.

What is your favourite movie?

I would say my all-time favourite film is The Nightmare Before Christmas. I love Tim Burton and am a big kid at heart.


Do you have a favourite song?

My favourite song is Hallelujah by Jeff Buckley. Although Kate Voegele's cover of it is also really good.

What star sign are you?

I'm a leo; the Lion. Don't want to mess with a lion lol.

If you had to do your debut book all over again would you change anything?

I would probably write from multiple POVs like I did with the
 2nd book. In Tangled Web I write from Chloe's POV and Tangled Lies was done from Chloe & Nathan's POVs in alternating chapters.



What was your favourite book growing up?

My favourite book growing up was The Narnia Chronicles by C.S. Lewis.

What do your family and friends think about your being an author and have any of them read your work?

My family and friends have been extremely supportive. My mother read my book which was a little awkward due to the sex scenes but it was important for her to support me. My older brothers are not allowed to read my book (lol) but they have also been very supportive. I also had a lot of support from my work colleagues which was really nice. My biggest support has to be from my best friend Claire. She read Tangled Web I don't know how many times and was always there to offer advice.



What is your favourite food?

Chocolate. Chocolate is a food, 
right? Or pizza.

What are you like in the kitchen and do you have a specialty?

I'm not the best in the kitchen lol. My specialty is spaghetti on toast. I'm really good at that. :D

Do you have any tattoos or body piercings?

I have 5 piercings and 2 tattoos. I have a daisy and my zodiac symbol on my right upper arm and a large red tribal phoenix on my right wrist.

Do you write full or part time?

Part time due to family life and having a full-time job.


Just as you will aspire new authors, what inspired you?

My biggest inspiration was probably seeing so many self-published authors achieve heir dreams. If they could do it, why not me?



What can readers expect from you in the next few years with the books that you are working on? Do you have any surprises up your sleeve?

I am currently working on the Tangled series and hope to have book 3 released by Christmas. I will also be featuring in an anthology wth other welsh authors. Plus I am also working on a novel with author Scarlet le Clair.

The only surprise I have up my sleeve is I will be writing a 4th book in the Tangled series from Chase's POV and in 2017 I will also be working on my first paranormal series.



Where do you see yourself in ten years time?

Hopefully happy and still writing. Or in New York. :D

Do you have anything else you would like to tell your readers?

Just thank you all for the support and I value each of you x


Thank you for joining me today.

*****************

PLEASE GO CHECK OUT LIZZIE'S TANGLED SERIES ON AMAZON. YOU WON'T MEET ANYONE THAT IS A BOSSY ASS OF A MAN THAN NATHAN IN TANGLED WEB.

1 comment:

  1. Fabulous interview.... Great lady is Lizzie James!!

    ReplyDelete