I am a wife and a mother of three.

30/05/2015

JULIETTE JAYE

Author interview 
Without
Juliette Jaye 


Please welcome the brilliant Juliette Jaye

  Hi Juliette,Tell us a little about yourself?
There isn’t that much to tell, unfortunately I’m not as interesting as my book characters! I’m an English major, and I work as a waitress about two nights a week. I think I’m going to try for my Master’s degree when I graduate next year.
How would you describe your books? 

Traditional romance, with an erotic twist.
What genre is your work mainly, do you stay in the same vein or are you hoping to(if not already) to explore new ventures?

 I do romance, and only romance. Honestly, I’ve kind of thought about writing a fantasy series, but that’s going to be quite a ways down the road if it ever happens.


Can you share with us a quote from one of your favourite characters? 

“Is it bad that my dress is probably going to be the least expensive thing at this wedding?” – By Marissa from my Never Stop series. I just love how strong she is, and how down to earth as well.
 Who designed your covers?

 I do them all myself.


What are you currently reading?

 Lord of the Rings… for the tenth time!
What inspired you to write and how long have you been writing for?

 I’ve been writing since I was maybe five, six years old? I’ve always loved it, I don’t think anything in particular inspired me, it’s just a thing I’ve done.

Who was the easiest character to write and the hardest to write? 

Marissa was the easiest character to write. I love her so much, she’s definitely my favourite. I think the hardest to write would have to be one of the characters from my few historical romances. I find them really hard to do.

Without giving anything away, what is your favourite scene in your book(s)?

 I’m afraid I’d have to give a lot away to answer this one!

How much of the book is realistic and are any based on someone you know or events in your own life?

 None of my books have anything realistic in them at all. I can honestly say they aren’t based on anything in my life or anyone I know.


 Which actor/actress would you like to see playing your lead characters from any off your books in a movie? 

Ooooh! I think I would love Emma Stone as Marissa, with Robert Downy Jr. as Nick.

When did you decide to become a writer?

 My first year of University, after my first creative writing course. I knew that’s what I was meant to do. I’d always scribbled things down, but that was when I knew I wanted to write as my job.

When your not writing how do you relax? 

With a glass of wine and repeat episodes of any reality show.
What is your favourite movie? 

The Notebook, easily.
Is there one subject you would never write about as a author and what is it?

 I don’t think there is. I’ve never really had to think about it, but I like to think that part of being an author involves tackling difficult topics at times.
 Do you work out a outline or plot or do you prefer to see where an idea takes you?

 I work out a basic plot (three sentences or so) and then let my imagination take it from there.

Any tips on what to do and what not to do when it comes to writing and do you have any advice for aspiring authors?

 Don’t write in second person! That drives me insane, luckily it’s rare. But if you prefer writing in first or third, past or present, write in that. It’s way easier to write the way your mind wants to than to force yourself to do it a different way. As for aspiring authors, I would definitely recommend reading as much about self publishing as possible, it has made the entire industry so much more open for everyone.
 What is your favourite genre to
 read and write??

 I love reading fantasy novels, but romance is definitely my darling when it comes to writing. I just love it every day.
19,Is there anything you would like to say to your readers?Thank you so much for reading!! I really appreciate your support, and I hope you get as much enjoyment from reading my books as I do from writing them.

How long does it take you to complete a book from start to publish and what was your first ever book and how did it feel to get it published? 

My first ever book was Seducing Sophie, which I self published. It took me around two weeks to write, then another four or five days to edit, I can’t really remember right now. It’s not the longest book, but I’m quite proud of where I took that story.

  
Have you ever trashed a novel or story before finishing it feeling it wasn't going how you planned out? 

Absolutely! Sometimes I’ve gotten to the end and just gone “nope!”If I don’t think it’s worth reading, I’m not going to let people pay for it. No way!

Do you have a special time or place that you write?

 I’m a real morning person, I do such good work from 5-9am, then when I’m done I think about how most people are just getting started on their day and I feel better. I don’t really have a special place to write, usually my desk is fine.

 
Do you ever get ideas at random moments and how do you 

hang on to them?

 I do, and I always carry a notebook around for that reason!

Can you write on demand and under pressure or do you need time and space before the creativity starts to flow?

 I’m definitely a time and space person.

What is the the worst job you have done and why? 

Anything in retail! I found it was so much worse than waitressing, people were always so rude. Not that they aren’t in the restaurant, but I found retail was worse somehow.


What is next for you and can you share

 a little of it?

 I’m starting a new series, it’s going to be a beach love story, I can tell you that much!

Who is your favourite band or artist?

 I’m a big fan of Lorde. She’s so talented, and to only be seventeen years old, it’s incredible.

Which one of your books would you love to see up on the big screen as a movie?

 I’d love to see my Never Stop series up in lights. I really like how that story ended. But honestly, I think I’d just die of happiness if any of them were made into a movie poster!!

No comments:

Post a Comment