I am a wife and a mother of three.

24/05/2015

KIM OSBORN AND GUESTS

Author Interview 
with 
K.E OSBRON 
Please welcome the brilliant and talented author, Kim Osborn.

Hi Kim, tell us a little about yourself?
I was born and raised in Adelaide, South Australia. Having worked in the optical industry for some time, I decided it was time to leave the optical world behind and start on something new. With a background in graphic design and a flair for all things creative, I tried her hand at writing. I hid the fact that I was writing from my family, as I believed my first story was simply something she had to get on paper first and then judge if it was good enough for others to read. It wasn’t until my mother found a printed version of the manuscript that my secret came out. I am a writer, and I love it. Writing gives my life purpose. It makes me feel, laugh, cry, and get completely enveloped with the characters and their story lines. I feel at home when writing.

How would you describe your books?
Romance based with an edge to them, maybe an emotional rollercoaster, a little bit of suspense and a little bit of humor mixed in there as well. 

 What genre is your work mainly, do you stay in the same vein or are you hoping to (if not already) to explore new ventures?
I currently write only Contemporary Romance, but I do have a paranormal / sci-fi idea that I would love to get down one day. 

Can you share with us a quote from one of your favourite characters?
Jeni – The Trust Me? Trilogy. ‘And maybe, just maybe, Aiden is my exception.’

Who designed your covers?
I did, with my background in graphic design I thought I may as well do my own covers, that way I get exactly what I want 

What are you currently reading?
I am currently in the process of writing a new series, so when I write I don’t tend to read anything, as I don’t like having multiple characters in my head. 

What inspired you to write and how long have you been writing for?
I sat down and started writing after a very vivid dream, that was on October 5th 2012, and I haven’t stopped writing since. 

Who was the easiest to write for and why and hardest?
The easiest to write would be Jeni Taylor from The Trust Me? Trilogy, she is a lot like me and I put a lot of my own personal experiences into her. The hardest is probably Colter Slade from my next release Off Your Rocker? He is rock royalty and the complete opposite to any male I have known. He’s so dominant and completely alpha that I had a hard time working him out, but I think people will love him even with his flaws.

Without giving anything away, what is your favourite scene in your book(s)?
In The Trust Me? Trilogy it would be Aiden and Jeni’s first date, it’s romantic but also quite comical.
In Just Friends? I think it’s when Will proposes to Kat in the bath tub.


In Off Your Rocker? I think the first scene on the bands private jet with Colt and Lia, is quite… hot ;)


How much  of the book is realistic and are any based on someone you know or events in your own life?
The Trust Me? Trilogy has a lot of my own life in it, the main theme of the series is trust and that is a big issue with me. Some of the ways Jeni’s ex Jason treater her are from my own experiences with bad exes as well. But my other books – Just friends? And Off Your Rocker? Are complete fiction.

Which actor/actress would you like to see playing your lead characters from any off your books in a movie?
For The Trust Me? Trilogy it would Be Henry Cavill for Aiden and Jennifer Lawrence for Jeni.
For Just Friends? It would be Ian Somerhalder for Will and Tamin Sursok for Kat.
Off Your Rocker? It would be A guy called Daniel Conn (He’s a rugby player not an actor) and Sophia Bush for the female.

When did you decide to become a writer?
I’m not sure there is a solid answer for this question. I started writing after a dream I had and I never thought at that point in time I would finish the book let alone continue it to make a four book series and then keep going after that. Once I started writing I just never stopped. I think the moment I thought that I wanted to keep doing this was when I hit publish on Trust ME? By debut novel.




When your not writing how do you relax?
Normally by watching TV or going to the shops.

What is your favourite movie?
Oh tough one – there’s so many. But I think my all-time favourite would be The Labyrinth.

 Is there one subject you would never write about as a author and what is it?
I write a lot of sex scenes in my books, it fits the characters and adds to the story, but I always seem to cringe at any kind of anal play in other books so I’m pretty sure I would never write about that in my stories. Not that there’s anything wrong with it, it’s just not my cup of tea.

Do you work out a outline or plot or do you prefer to see where an idea takes you?
Yes, I get the idea from a dream (All my books are from dreams I have) and then I sit and write about 60 or so plot points and then go from there.

Any tips on what to do and what not to do when it comes to writing and do you have any advice for aspiring authors?
What to do – keep writing! When you feel down and like your writing isn’t going anywhere, just keep going. We all have our down moments as authors, doubts creep in and thinking your books aren’t good enough always happens at some stage, but don’t give up – keep going and you will see how much you love writing and how much it becomes a part of you.
What not to do – don’t stop and edit as you go, leave the editing for a later date, if you’re in the flow and the story is coming to you, don’t stop to fix your typos, that’s what editing and proofing is for. Be in the moment and let your characters speak to you without interruptions.

What is your favourite genre to read and write?


Contemporary Romance

Is there anything you would like to say to your readers?
THANK YOU!!! Without the readers my chosen career as a writer wouldn’t be possible, so thank you so much for believing in me xoxo

How long does it take you to complete a book from start to publish and what was your first ever book and how did it feel to get it published?
It depends normally a book will take me about three months to finish, but I have been known to write one in one month as well, depends on my life at the time. My first book was Trust Me? The Trust Me? Trilogy and hitting publish on Amazon was the scariest thing I have ever done, and you would think it gets easier with each book you put out – it doesn’t lol.

 Have you ever trashed a novel or story before finishing it feeling it wasn't going how you planned out?
No, but I have deleted scenes after writing the
 entire book.

Do you have a special time or place that you write?
I tend to write on weekdays, during the day and in my office. I have a nice big window looking outside right next to my computer and on a nice day it’s always refreshing to be able to take in the atmosphere surrounding me.

Do you have any funny quirks or experiences you like to share with your readers?
I am quite a quirky person so I have a few things that I do, the first one most people notice is that all my books end in a question mark eg Trust Me? Just Friends? Off Your Rocker? I did this as a quirk for the Trust Me? Trilogy and then it kind of stuck for the rest of my books, now I continue to do it with all of them and the question is asked somewhere in the book.
On a more personal note, I ALWAYS wear odd socks, it’s a superstition that I’ve had since I was a small child, every time I wear matching socks I have a really bad day –weird I know lol

 Do you ever get ideas at random moments and how do you hang on to them?
I always get my ideas from dreams, so I wake up at 4 in the morning and have to write them down otherwise I forget them by morning.

Can you write on demand and under pressure or do you need time and space  before the creativity starts to flow?
I normally need time and space, I know if I’m feeling a little under the weather I tend to not be able to concentrate.

 Whats the worst job you have done and why?
Hmmm probably working at McDonalds, because it’s hard work for very little pay.

How do you over come writers block?
Normally I will take a break and go and read a book and normally that fixes it
.
What is next for you and can you share a little of it?
Coming up on the 7th November is Off Your Rocker? The Rock God Series #1. Here’s the blurb:
This book is for mature audiences 18+ It contains explicit language, drug use and sexual content. When Delia (Lia) Norman meets Rock Royalty Colter (Colt) Slade unexpectedly after her boyfriend of 4 years breaks up with her, sparks fly immediately. Lia's ex always told her she was dull and boring, she was no fun at all, and he was right. Colt tells Lia to do something exciting - be spontaneous. So she moves out of her comfort zone and goes on tour with the most famous rock group in the world 'Slayed'. How will Lia deal with being pushed out of her comfortable life and into a world of chaos, paparazzi, screaming 'evil minion' fans and most of all the idea that maybe there is love just around the corner? Stay tuned because Off ‘Your Rocker?’ will be released on 7th November 2014

***THIS IS BOOK ONE OF A TWO BOOK SERIES***


 




Who is your favourite band or artist?
Bon Jovi for sure.

Which one of your books would you love to see up on the big screen as a movie?
Oh tough one, can I say all of them lol, if I had to pick I would probably say Off Your Rocker?


*******************************************************
CHARACTER INTERVIEW 
with
 HUDSON AND VIOLET 
FROM 
THE SHATTERED HEART SERIES
 BY
 K.E OSBORN. 






BOTH: HI GUYS HOW ARE YOU BOTH DOING TODAY?

V – Great thanks.
 H – I’m doing great now that I have come to my senses. *Looks at Violet and they smile at each other*

 
VIOLET: WHAT WERE YOUR FIRST IMPRESSIONS OF HUDSON WHEN YOU MET HIM?

Well, the first thing I noticed were his eyes, of course. I mean what kind of freak has different colored eyes?  But besides that, the attraction was instant. Even though I was drowning my sorrows, I could tell Hudson was going to be dangerous for me.
 
HUDSON: WHAT ABOUT YOU, WHAT WERE YOUR FIRST IMPRESSIONS OF VIOLET WHEN YOU MET HER?

I saw Vee across the bar and she looked miserable, but for some strange reason I had to know her. I wanted to know her story, but that would have to wait. At that point in time, I was mesmerized by her and honestly she was, well still is, the most beautiful woman I’ve ever seen.
 
BOTH: WHY DID YOU HIDE YOUR REAL NAMES FROM EACH OTHER?

V – I can answer that one. It was my doing. Back then, I didn’t like knowing people’s real names because if you do it’s like having a connection to them. If you have a connection with people, then you’re bound to get hurt. So, I never called anyone by their real names, only a nickname that I would make up. No one in my life knew my real name. To everyone around me, I was either known as The Violet Widow or Boss and that’s how I liked it. 
 H – I did find it odd when Vee wouldn’t tell me her name, but she was mysterious and I liked that about her straight away. I found it endearing until we took another step in our ‘relationship’ and then I needed to know the woman I was being intimate with. Luckily, when I told her my real name she told me hers. I thought it was funny that I knew her name all along and never guessed. Now that I think back on it I was quite stupid not realizing.
 
VIOLET: WHY DID IT TAKE YOU SO LONG TO TELL HUDSON WHAT YOU DO FOR A LIVING?

I think because I knew how any man would react knowing about my career choice. Plus, I guess, I was embarrassed. Working in my line of work is not something I was proud of, but I had to do it for my family. Hudson understands that now, but I knew he wouldn’t in the beginning. He was the first person to make me feel something in five years and I wasn’t ready to let him go.
 
HUDSON: WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL VIOLET ABOUT YOUR JOB, INSTEAD OF LETTING HER BELIEVE YOU WERE A MEMBER OF SOME MC CLUB?

Hmm, I guess she was playing games with me, so like an adolescent I was playing them back. I wish I had come clean sooner, and I did keep telling her I wasn’t in an MC, but she had made her mind up, and I liked the bubble we were in. The one where it was just us, and our little strange relationship. Was it conventional, no! Was it frustrating, yes! But in the end I was so wrapped up in Vee, that I didn’t want to mess it up and I knew I had to play by her rules or risk losing her, and that was something I wasn’t prepared to do. Losing her was not an option.
 

VIOLET: HOW DID YOU FEEL WHEN YOU MET HUDSON'S FAMILY?

Holy crap! That was the best and worst night of my life. *Hudson chuckles and Violet slaps him on the chest* What? It was! I was sick with the flu. I looked terrible, and I was certainly not prepared to meet all of them. Fran, Hudson’s mother, was the scariest to meet, and she took an instant dislike to me. But I think it was more because Hudson hadn’t mentioned me to them, so they were as surprised as I was to meet them. Brigitte, Hudson’s little sister, was such a sweetheart, and we got along so well from the start. She’s like the sister I never had.  
 

HUDSON: WHY WERE YOU SO HOT AND COLD WITH VIOLET ALL THE TIME?

V – Yeah, I’d like to know that one too, babe? *Violet smirks at Hudson, who rolls his eyes*
 H – To be honest, I think it was because of the games she played. Not knowing everything was fun for a while, it was a mystery and it kept me intrigued, but then I started to get tired of it all, and I just wanted her to open up to me. To be honest and to trust me, which I know was hard for her considering her past and with her loss. She was guarded and I just felt like maybe we weren’t on the same page. Then when all the truth came out I was horrified. I was hurt that she lied to me about something so huge, and I felt that it was a secret so big that she should have told me from the start. I felt used and a little disgusted. But behind all the hurt and grief there was still love, and when I saw her at Cupiditas and Mad Dog had hurt her, I knew I was failing in my resolve to be angry with her. Going to the cabin was the best thing for both of us, even though we were both majorly physically hurt from the experience in the end, we found each other and that is all that matters to me… not her past, but our future. *Violet smiles at him and leans in kissing his cheek*
 

VIOLET: HOW DID YOU FEEL WHEN YOU FOUND OUT THE GUY YOU HAD BEEN SO WRAPPED UP IN WAS A COP?

*She laughs and shakes her head*
Shattered! I knew as soon as I saw him walk in, wearing a badge and a gun that we were over. How could he possibly want to stay with someone like me, and that was evident from the look plastered all over his face. *Hudson and Violet both frown and look down at the floor*
 
HUDSON: WHAT WAS RUNNING THROUGH YOUR HEAD WHEN YOU BUSTED THE SHOP TO FIND OUT IT WAS VIOLET’S BUSINESS?

*Hudson runs his hand through his hair and Violet rests her hand on his knee*
Well, just like Vee, I was shattered. She was working at the very place that I strive to bring down. Prostitution is not something cops agree with, and at the time I didn’t know that she only worked the books. So my immediate reaction was that I was in a relationship with a hooker. I was sleeping with a woman, who was sleeping with other men, and that’s what hurt the most. That, I thought what belonged to me, she was selling to the highest bidder every night, and then would come home to me and do it all over again. I was utterly devastated, and so unbelievably angry that I couldn’t see straight. I think the hurt and anger were the emotions ruling over me at the time and that’s why I was so blunt with Vee. Now that I look back on it, I was harsh toward her, but again I was hurt and angry and I couldn’t believe the woman I was in love with, not only worked, but ran the place that I detested. It wasn’t a nice day for either of us.
 

VIOLET: HOW DID YOU FEEL TOWARD HUDSON AFTER HE WAS SO COLD AND HEARTLESS TOWARD YOU AT THE SHOP AND STATION?

*Hudson takes Violet’s hand and entwines their fingers*
I guess the same emotions he was going through were going through me as well. He was a cop… I was a madam, and those two careers don’t mesh. I understood his anger, but the way he handled it and didn’t come and talk to me to find out the real story hurt, and the way he made me feel cheap and nasty really made me question everything I loved about him. Maybe he wasn’t the person I thought he was, after all? He made me cry for the first time in five years since I had lost everything, and no one had that kind of power over me. It scared me and to think of my world without Hudson in it then. Well, it broke me and it took a long time for me to forget. Forgiving was easy, but forgetting his turn against me was a little harder.
 

HUDSON: YOU TORTURED VIOLET WITH THE HURT YOU PUT HER THROUGH BEING SO COLD HEARTED. YOU SAID YOU WOULD LOVE HER NO MATTER WHAT, SO SURELY YOU CAN FORGIVE HER?

*Hudson exhales and slumps his shoulders. Violet rubs his back for comfort*
I did do that, and I am so ashamed of it now. I promised her I would always be with her and love her no matter what, but when it got hard I ran. I will never forgive myself for that, and I know it’s no excuse, but I was afraid of what my peers would think… what my family would think. I was worried about my career. I was worried about my future if I stayed with her. Our jobs were polar opposites, and being in a relationship with Vee back then would have put my career in jeopardy. I was angry at her. I was sad that she lied. I felt dirty when I touched her knowing all the men that she’d been with. It was too much for me, and I feel like a prick for leaving her when she needed me the most. But I’m just so glad that I came around. I can’t imagine my life without her in it now, it’s something I don’t even want to think about.
 

VIOLET: WHY WOULD YOU PUT YOUR OWN LIFE ON THE LINE FOR THE LIVES OF YOUR EMPLOYEES?

At that point in time, I didn’t care about myself. Hudson was gone, and I honestly didn’t care about anything. The only people I cared about were in danger, and so if protecting them meant I had to sacrifice myself then I was willing to do it. No one would miss me, that’s what I thought. I was in a bad way emotionally and I really just didn’t want to go on after losing the five people in my life, my mum and dad, my boys and then Hudson. Even though Hudson wasn’t dead, it felt like he may as well had been. I just didn’t want to be in a world where all I did was hurt continuously.
 

HUDSON: WHY DID YOU LET CASSIE BACK INTO YOUR LIFE?

*Violet looks at Hudson and raises and eyebrow with a smirk and Hudson chuckles*
Well, honestly, it was for comfort. I needed someone I could talk to about Vee and I didn’t want anyone to know about her job, not anyone that I truly cared about. I know that sounds harsh, I cared about Cassie but her opinion on Vee didn’t matter to me like it did with my family or my co-workers. I needed someone to tell me I did the right thing because I was doubting it the entire time. I knew leaving Vee was the right move, but it felt so wrong, and the whole time I was craving to be near her, just to hold her and kiss her and tell her I love her. That was what I was fighting, and I just needed someone to tell me that Vee wasn’t worth it. I knew that person would be Cassie. Was it wrong of me to confide in her? Absolutely, it was, but I needed to vent and she was the only person I could think of. I know it was wrong, turning to Cassie hurt Vee and using Cassie hurt her in the process. I’m just glad I never went back down the relationship path with Cass, but then again after Vee that was never an option. A relationship with anyone other than Vee wasn’t ever going to be an option. In my eyes, I was going to stay single forever because no one could compare to my Violet Widow.
*Violet smiles at him and he winks at her*
 

VIOLET: DO YOU STILL BELIEVE YOUR SON IS LOOKING DOWN ON YOUR ANGELS?

*Violet smiles brightly*
Caiden is with me and my family, always. I can feel him sometimes. I know that sounds weird, but I know he is looking after us. I know that he’s watching over his siblings and making sure they choose the right path, and I know Danny is looking after Caiden up there wherever they are. I’m not sure I believe in heaven, but I’d like to think they’re somewhere like that. Somewhere peaceful, where they can be happy. I miss Caiden every day and his siblings know all about him. We go and visit him on his birthday and on special holidays like Christmas and Easter. We go as a family, and it’s nice that Hudson and our children support me when I need it. 

  
BOTH: DO YOU HAVE ANY REGRETS?

*They both laugh*
  V- Like a million! But then again I guess if things didn’t work out the way they did then we may not have turned out like we have, and I am so grateful that we found our way back to each other. 
 H – I only have one regret, and that’s that I left Vee when she needed me the most. I still haven’t forgiven myself for that. If I’d just given into my heart, then we wouldn’t have had to go to the cabin and she wouldn’t have been hurt by the Dogs. I could have protected her better and I failed at that, that’s my biggest regret.
 V – I don’t regret going to the cabin, Hudson. That’s where we made our first child, so to me, without the cabin we wouldn’t have our angel. And don’t worry about me being hurt, you were worse off than me, and you were only hurt because of me, so really I should be the one who regrets it.
 H – Well, I don’t think for a second that it was your fault, so don’t feel bad, baby. We’ll just mark it down to a bad time in our lives that we both don’t want to remember.
 V- Agreed, except for making Ariel… that I want to remember.
*Hudson smiles at Violet and he leans in kissing her quickly*
 
HUDSON: WHAT IS THE MOST ROMANTIC THING YOU HAVE EVER DONE FOR VIOLET?

Hmm, I think on our honeymoon. I took her to this secluded beach and made a picnic for her. It was sunset and I had a canopy draped with lanterns and flowers to make it look romantic. I had a waiter serve us a three course meal that I picked out for her, and even though she was six months pregnant I made sure all the food was of a high standard and that was safe for her to eat… no soft cheeses or anything dangerous to hurt our little angel. Then after dinner I took her for a walk along the beach and gave her a locket with my name, hers and Ariel’s, just to show her I was in this for the long haul. She loved it and still wears it now. 
 *Violet pulls the locket from under her top and shows it*
V – I love it, and once Addy was born we added her name to it too. It was really romantic and I think the other romantic things were when he bought Spider the goldfish for me, I thought that was beautiful.
 
VIOLET: YOU HAVE BEEN THROUGH SO MUCH, HOW ARE YOU COPING NOW?

Life was hard for so long, and when Hudson came into it, it made things harder, but easier at the same time. Once we finally got our shit in order and decided to be together no questions asked, is when everything fell into place. I still struggle sometimes when I see a group of bikers riding down the street and every time Hudson takes our children out in the car without me, I start to get a knot in my stomach, but it’s getting easier. The thought of losing them all scares the crap out of me, but I would have to be extremely unlucky to go through that twice, right?
 
HUDSON: WHAT HAS BEEN THE HARDEST THING FOR YOU TO DEAL WITH SINCE YOU’VE BEEN WITH VIOLET?

I guess when I found out about her career that was hard, but the hardest by far was when the Dogs showed up at the cabin. I knew I was outnumbered and there was no way for me to protect her. Dying for her safety was my only option, so I tried to take out as many of them as I could, but I think I only hit one of them by the time they shot me. Knowing Vee was probably going to die at the hands of Mad Dog just like Adam and Doug did, well that is a feeling I never want to repeat. I’m sorry Mad Dog died, but I’m so glad at the same time. He was a monster and so were his thugs and even though they have disbursed I still watch my back. I always want to protect Violet and our girls, I never want them to feel unsafe and it is
my job to protect them all.
 V – You can take the man from being a cop, but you can’t take the cop out of the man.
 *Hudson chuckles*
H – Too right!
 
BOTH: WHAT IS NEXT FOR YOU BOTH?
 V – Well, now that we have our family and we’re settled into our new jobs at the Stone Bike shop we’re doing great.
 H- Yeah, we’re looking at getting another dog. We love our pets and Midas is getting old, so we want someone here for Zany when he passes.
 V – That will be a sad day.
 H – I don’t even want to think about that.
 V – Well, in the meantime we’re going on a family holiday soon and I mean the whole family, my Hudson and the girls, Fran and Bill, Holden and Lucy, Brigitte and James and Flynn and Jessie, all of us. It’s going to be epic and I can’t wait for us all to be together. Even though, I am pretty sure that Lucy is pregnant.
 H – What?
 V – Yeah, I think so, but don’t say I said anything or I’ll have to arrest you myself.
 *Hudson smirks and raises his eyebrows insinuatingly and whispers to Violet*
H – Can you arrest me anyway?
 *Violet smiles and whispers back*
V – When we get home, the girls are at school, so we have plenty of time.
 *Hudson smiles brightly and stands up*
H- Thanks for having us, but we have something urgent to attend to.
 *Hudson takes Violet’s hand and pulls her up, she squeals and they race toward the door*
V – Yeah, thanks for having us!
*Hudson leans in kissing Violet as the rush out of the room*

GO CHECK OUT 
A DIFFERENT SHADE OF VIOLET 
OUT NOW 18TH MARCH
IT IS THE BRILLIANT SEQUEL TO
THE VIOLET WIDOW
WHICH IS ALSO AVAILABLE ON AMAZON NOW




No comments:

Post a Comment