I am a wife and a mother of three.

25/07/2016

Michelle valentine catch up interview 25TH JULY 2016

Author Interview
with
MICHELLE A VALENTINE

Hi Michelle, thank you for joining me today for a catch up. Last time I interviewed you was 12th October 2015. How have you been?

Thank you for having me! It's always so much fun to chat with you. I've been well--busy as always, which is a great thing. 😊

We spoke last time a lot about your sexy rockstar's from the black falcon series. You have created so many characters that readers have fallen in love with. Can you tell us who seems to be the readers favourite and who is yours?

Hmm. That's a tough one. I think people like different characters for different reasons. People really seem to gravitate toward Yamada (Naughty King) because of the comedic relief he brings to the story, and others seem to go for the Naughty King himself, Alexander King, and of course, Xavier Cold is still a fan favorite with all of his angsty ways. Personally, I'm always in love with whatever character I'm working on at the moment. Right now it's a man named Laz, and he's from my current work in progress, LOVE, SEX, MUSIC.


You were due to release WICKED WHITE at the time of the last interview. What was the response by readers from you introducing them to new rockers?

I think a lot of readers went into the the Wicked White series thinking it was going to be Black Falcon 2.0, but they were surprised to find these two rockers series were nothing alike. Ace White is a very self-loathing character who was sick of the lime light, whereas the Black Falcon guys revealed in it--two completely different storylines and sets of characters. So I think Wicked White surprised a lot of them.


How many books are there in the wicked series and what are they?

There are three books, WICKED WHITE, WICKED REUNION, and WICKED LOVE. The series is now complete.

You have also completed A SEXY MANHATTEN series, for readers who haven't yet read it. Can you tell us about it?

It is the quintessential dirty businessman book. Alexander is controlling, bossy, and has a mouth that makes you want to smack and kiss at the same time, while the female lead in this book is headstrong and a take no shit kind of lady. Alexander's typically domineering ways doesn't impress this girl and it was fun to watch him bring him to his knees. When these two finally breakdown their walls--HOLY FIREWORKS BATMAN.😊


When writing the Naughty king, who did you envision as Alexander?

I couldn't find my perfect Alexander, but in my mind 
he's hella sexy. lol


What was readers reaction to the sexy and bossy Alexander?

He's my one character that causes a jaw-dropping reaction. I always tell everyone to go on Amazon and read the sample of DIRTY DEALS and you'll know exactly the type of book you're getting because it starts off with a bang.

When we spoke last you were working on the follow up to your amazing Paranormal book DEMON AT MY DOOR. 
How is that going?

Paranormal books ALWAYS take me a long time. It took me two years to write DEMON AT MY DOOR because there's so much world building and plot twists, so it's not usual for the follow up book in that series to take me a lot longer than my contemporary romance novels.

How did you come up with the idea for Demon at my door?

I have always been fascinated by the paranormal, and the idea sprang from learning that hot dogs were the most choked on food, which is a weird way to have a paranormal story bubble up from, I know, but it did. LOL

How did fans react to your first Paranormal Book?

I'm always surprised by how many people tell me it was their first paranormal book and how much they loved it.


Are the characters based on anyone you know?

I take certain quirks from people I know and make my
 characters do the same things. I think it breathes life
 into the characters and makes them feel like someone 
that could actually be real.


Readers absolutely loved Xavier cold as we read the books we all pictured the hunky hotness that is Roman Reigns. Recently you teased readers when you posted a picture of a hunky WWE wrestler, I know l loads of readers are dying to know. Can we expect a rival or two for Xavier?

I am toying around with a story line involving more of that world. It is something I hope to write in the near future. 😉 But that's all I'm going to say for now.


Speaking of Mr Cold, will there be anymore from him?
 Maybe a holiday special.

I will never say never to writing 
more about X.


What is up next for you?

I am currently working on a twist on a rockerish type book called LOVE, SEX, MUSIC and it will be my next release. It's actually already gotten a page on Goodreads.


Thank you for joining me again today its been a pleasure

Thank you so much! I just adore you. Thank you for
 always supporting me and my books. 💛



TO Keep up to date with Michelle's latest releases go check out her Facebook page. If you ever get the chance to meet this lovely lady at a author event make sure you do, she is as sweet and kind as they come. Michelle is a amazing author and I am speaking from personal experience, I met her back in 2015 at the BRITISH BOOK AFFAIR.


No comments:

Post a Comment