I am a wife and a mother of three.

24/02/2019

Author Interview with Lacey Weatherford




AUTHOR INTERVIEW


WITH


LACEY WEATHERFORD


Please welcome the amazingly talented, Lacey.


 

Hello Lacey,How are you, Tell us a little about yourself?

My name is Lacey Weatherford.

I’m a mom of six beautiful children, three boys and three girls,

and wife to one of the most wonderful men on the planet.

I think I was born with romance running through my veins.

I remember swooning over boys, cartoon characters,

 and television stars beginning around the age of five.

I’m definitely a lover, not a fighter.




How would you describe your book(s)?

  I like my stories to have an element of reality to them,

whether I’m writing contemporary or paranormal,

I want my reader to be able to emotionally connect to the book.

My author slogan is, “Bringing Stories to Life.”

I want the reader to be able to feel like they’re living the

 journey with the characters.





What genre is your work mainly? Do you tend to stay in the same vein or are you hoping (if not already) to explore new ventures?


 I write whatever I’m feeling. I currently have books in paranormal,

contemporary, and historical fantasy, genres out.

I’m all about telling any story that hits me.


 

Share with us a quote from one of your

favourite characters?


 Have you fallen in love with the

 wrong person yet?'



Jace said, "Unfortunately, Lady of the Haven, my one true love remains myself."

..."At least," she said, "you don't have to worry about rejection, Jace Wayland."

"Not necessarily. I turn myself down occasionally,

just to keep it interesting.” ~Jace Wayland, City of Bones

I seriously die laughing at this quote in the book.

So glad it made it into the movie!




Is it hard to come up with new idea's and/or plot's?

Not at all. In fact, I spend more time trying NOT to come

up with new characters and plots! Haha I can’t stay

up with all my story ideas. I have a whole list of

them waiting in the wings and it’s constantly growing.




Who is your favourite actor?


Matt Lanter. He was my muse for my first character,

Vance Mangum. Matt’s a great guy in real life too!




What inspired you to write your book (s)?


 Reading. From the time I was very little, my mom

encouraged me to read. By the age of nine,

I was hooked on Nancy Drew books and I wanted to be

an author too. I wrote my first “story” at that age, called

“The Diamond Caper.” It was a whole 4 chapters, 

and 2 pages long—handwritten, front and back.

Hahahaha I still have it in a box somewhere

of things my mom saved from my childhood.




Who is the easiest character to write and why?  

Hardest and why?


 Easiest for me, the male perspective is easiest to write.

Growing up, I think 95% of my really good friends were guys.

 For some reason, I just seem to be able to slip into

that mentality really well.

Hardest is definitely any villains, or jerk characters,

in my story. As stated before, I’m a lover, not a fighter,

so it’s really hard for me to dip into the well of

darkness that most “bad” characters have inside themselves.

I can do it, I just don’t like bad places and a lot of

times there are backstories of what is really driving those characters.

It can get pretty dark.





Are your characters based on real people? People you

may know on TV / Movie stars?


No comments:

Post a Comment