I am a wife and a mother of three.

24/02/2019

Author interview with Amanda Bennet

AUTHOR INTERVIEW


PLEASE WELCOME THE AMAZING AND TALENTED AUTHOR BEHIND THE FANTASTIC RAINE SERIES,


AMANDA BENNETT


Hello Amanda,Tell us a little about yourself?


 


 


I like to think that what you see is what you get with me.


I am a mother, a wife, and an author.


 I absolutely love that I get to be a million different


people in a million different


 places in my stories.


I am a HUGE 49ers fan and my life would


 be incomplete without football.. LOL.


 I am an avid reader and I spend as much


time as I possibly can with my kids.


How would you describe your books?


All of my books have a little bit of real life put into them with some raw, gritty emotional turns. If you don’t like sex, then you may not like most of my books. Haha 


What genre is your work mainly? Do you tend to stay in the same vein or are you hoping


( if not already) to explore new ventures?


Most of my books are in the New Adult category but lean a little bit more into contemporary romance. At the moment I tend to stay with what I write, but I am currently in the process of working on a vampire/supernatural novel.

 


Share with us a quote from one of your favourite characters?

 


“You did good, pretty girl. Damn good.” ~Madison “Cowboy” Raine from the Raine Series

 


Is it hard to come up with new idea's


and / or plot's?

 


Not really. I tend to have very vivid and fun dreams, so that definitely helps with coming up with new material.


How long does it take you to complete a finished book?


I can usually finish a book and have it ready to publish in a little over a month. (If I’m lucky ;)

 


What inspired you to write your book?


I’ve led a pretty intense life thus far and my first book was my way of dealing with all of the raw emotion from my past. I’ve always had a passion for writing, but after I wrote my first book, I was hooked and I’ve been writing ever since.


 

Who is the easiest character to write for and why?Hardest and why?

The easiest character for me to write is Madison Raine. I love writing a male’s perspective and with Madison, it just came naturally.

 


The hardest would be Bennett from the Broken Series. A lot of that series came from a few close broken realities and for me it was hard to get those down on paper just right.

 


Are your characters based on real people? People you may know on Tv / Movie stars?

 


Most of my characters are based on people I know, but a few of my main guy characters I shape around the looks of a certain famous person.


 


 


Without giving anything away ,what is / are your favourite scenes in your book?


 

 


I definitely love the intense scenes between the main characters. There is a sense of sensuality without being straight forward about it.


 


 


 


What's up next for you?

 


I’m currently working on the follow up to Protecting Lyndley, it is titled Chasing Carson and it is the second book in the U.S. Marshal Series. I’m also working on the fourth book in the Raine Series, which is Cami and Glenn’s story and it is titled This Courage of Mine.


 


 


 


 Do you have any hobbies?


 


I like to read, write, hang with my kids and husband, watch the 49ers play, play pool and I am a HUGE movie buff.

 


Is there anyone besides you in your


 family who writes?


 


My father used to write songs and poetry, but I am the only author…so far!


 


 


When did you start? What was your first piece? First published piece.

 


I started writing when I was twelve, but my first book that was published was Time to Let Go back in 2008.

 


Do you have any favourite books or authors?


 


 


 


I have 2 all time favorite books. Wuthering Heights is definitely my number one and I read it at least once a year. My second favorite is The Great Gatsby. Of course, I do like modern stories and romances but those two are my go to books when I want to get lost. I have quite a few authors that I absolutely love reading but there are just too many to list.

 


Of all the books and stories you've written


which is your favourite?

 

My favorite thus far is The Broken Series.


It definitely holds a special place in my heart.

 


Do you have a favourite character?


 


 


My favorite character would be Sloan from Misguided Heart. (For reasons I just can’t say ;)


 


 


 What is your favourite genre to write?

 


I would have to say New Adult/College Age


 


 


 


What is your favourite genre to read?

 


I enjoy every genre really.

 


What are your favourite movies?


 

All time favorite movie would be Rebel Without A Cause. (I’m obsessed with James Dean) I’m also obsessed with Pretty in Pink and Love Actually.

 


How long have you been writing?

 


I’ve been writing for 21 years…OMG that makes


me sound so old.


 


 


Who or what has been your biggest literary influence?

 


My father. He used to write songs and poetry before he passed. And since the first time I read Wuthering Heights I absolutely fell in love with the written word and how with just a few simple sentences, you could be pulled into a world that is so amazing.


 


 


 


How Difficult is it for you to come up with one of your amazing plots?

 


Honestly, they just come to me so it’s pretty easy to pick one.


 


 


 How about characters? Are they easily born and developed? 


 

 


I use a lot of personality traits from people I know, so their personalities are easy to do. Along the way, I find that the character speaks to me and that helps me fully develop them.

 


Do you find yourself a struggling writer?


 

 


If by struggling, you mean that I struggle to shower on a daily basis, or brush my hair, or eat…then yes..haha I think to be a good writer you have to struggle. That’s what keeps me pushing myself forward.

 


About how long does it take you to take for you to complete a novel from concept to completion?


 

 


I can usually finish a full book in about 20-30 days

 


Have you ever trashed a novel or story before or after finishing it, feeling it wasn't turning out as you planned?


 


 


I’ve only done that once. I was about half way through, but then I got stuck. I couldn’t find a direction to take it that would have pleased me, so I trashed it.


 


 


Do you have a special time or place to write?


 

 


I like to write in my office in my house. It’s super comfy and quiet so I can’t hear my kids. I love to lock myself down there and just go to town. My favorite time to write is late at night. It sucks though because unfortunately, I need sleep to get my kids up and ready for school...LOL


 

 


 Any funny experiences or quirks you'd like to


share with your readers?


Every day is a funny experience when you have an 8 year old and a 3 year old. As far as quirks, I can’t sit down and eat…I do ballet around my kitchen or wherever I’m standing in my house.


Which one of your books would you like to see


made into a movie?


How about all of them? No in all seriousness, I think it would be amazing if even one of them was made it into a movie, but I would choose The Broken Series. It’s very near and dear to my heart, and I think if it had the right people behind it, it would be amazing.


 

 


What is your favourite band/artist/song?


 

 


Ah, now this is super tough. I absolutely LOVE music, all kinds. I honestly don’t think I could narrow it down to just one favorite song or band. I like them all!!


 

 


What was it like to publish your first book?

 


It was a feeling I can’t quite explain or put into words, amazingly enough. It was a definite sense of accomplishment and pride. It was awesome rolled up in a ball of amazing.


 


What advice would you give to others who want to make writing their career?

 


Be willing to put in the time and effort. Writing isn’t an easy career. It takes patience and sacrifice. But in the end if you can make it, the sacrifice is totally worth it.


No comments:

Post a Comment