I am a wife and a mother of three.

24/02/2019

Author interview with S.K HARTLEY



Interview Written July 9, 2014


Author Interview


With


S.K. Hartley


Please welcome
 the beautiful, energetic and amazing woman behind the bad boy series, Sofie.

How are you, Tell us a little about yourself?

I’m very well, thank you.


I’m a New Adult Romance author and I currently live in the UK. I’m 23 and I have an amazing husband and little man.

2, how would you describe your book(s)?


New Adult. Dark. Emotional. Gritty?


3, what genre is your work mainly? Do you tend to stay in the same vein or are you hoping (if not already) to explore new ventures?


nI’m usually New Adult but I do have a Contemporary in the works right now .

4, Share with us a quote from one of your favourite characters?


Never let your past define who you are. The past has gone, the future is a mystery, but the present is a gift.’ – Logan White, Finding Us.


5, is it hard to come up with new ideas and / or plot’s?


Sort of. There are times when I’ve thought of something and I realize it’s already been used. I think that’s why my plots are pretty unique.


6, who is your favourite actor?


Johnny Deep as Captain Jack Sparrow


7, what inspired you to write your book (s)?


My first novel was like a form of therapy for me. A lot of the prologue in book one was the emotional turmoil I went through when I was eighteen.


8, who is the easiest character to write and why? Hardest and why?


Hmmm. I’d say Ace. He was just full of snarky comments and rude gestures!


9, Are your characters based on real people? People you may know on TV / Movie stars?


The only person who has some connection to one of my characters is my husband. He actually said a couple of lines that one of my characters uses. I won’t tell you which, those are for me.


10, without giving anything away, what is/are your favourite


scenes in your book?


There isn’t a particular scene that I love, but I adore it when the characters realize their love for one another. That gets me every time.


11, what is up next for you?


I currently have a secret project in the works. It’s a contemporary standalone HEA – That’s all I can say for now.


12, do you have any hobbies?


I have qualifications in Graphic Design and Fine Art. When I’m not writing books or plotting, you can find me sketching or designing graphics.


13, is there anyone besides you in your family who writes?


No. As far as I know, I’m the only one.


14, When did you start you start? What was your first piece?


First published piece?


Published piece? Wow. Okay. Before I wrote Finding You (Book one) I sent a short 500 word erotic story to a UK magazine that was published and reviewed by and erotica author.


15, do you have any favourite books? Authors? Movies?


Favorite books? That’s like asking someone to choose their favorite child! (LOL!) – My go to re-reads are Scoring Wilder by R.S. Grey and The boy Who Sneaks in My Bedroom Window by Kirsty Mosely.


16, do you have a favourite character in your books?


I shouldn’t but I do. I LOVED writing Low in Finding Us (Book Three)


17, what is your favourite genre to write?


I’m writing Contemporary right now and LOVING it.

18, what is your favourite genre to read?

Contemporary and Erotica.


19, how long have you been writing?


I started writing around July 2013.


20, who or what has been your biggest literary influence?

Jamie McGuire. She wrote one of the most unforgettable characters in romance and she’s also pretty awesome in person.


21, How about characters? Are they easily born and developed?


When I plot, I plot out the characters flaws, addictions, likes/dislikes so they’re not necessarily easy to develop but they have an in depth personality.


22, do you ever find yourself a struggling writer?


Writers block drives me crazy. That’s when I struggle.

23, How about how long does it take for you to complete a novel, from concept to completion?


Around four months to write it then another 4-6 weeks to get it


polished and ready for publication.


24, have you ever trashed a novel or story before or after finishing it, feeling it wasn’t turning out as you planned?


Many, many times. But, their never trashed. I save them in a folder called ‘file drop’ – I can go back to them as and when I need to.


25, Do you have a special time or place to write?


I usually write at night once my little man is in bed. I


 write where ever I can.


26, any funny experiences or quirks you’d like to share


with your readers?

My first experience of a reader fangirling over me made me tear-up.

27, which of your books would you like to see made in to a movie?


The secret project I’m working on right now.


28, what was it like to publish your first book?


Surreal. I didn’t think anyone would read it so it was a real surprise.


29, what advice would you give to others who want to make


writing their career?


Never stop writing.

30 What is the worst job that you have ever done and why?


I worked as a waitress once. Long hours and bad tips.

31, do you ever get ideas at random moments, and if so


how do you hang on to them?


Yes! All the time and usually in the shower. I have a bath pen


I ‘borrowed’ from my son, so when I get an idea I write


it on the shower tile so I can remember it to take notes.

32, how do you overcome writers block?


I usually try and tackle my TBR List. Reading usually helps


lift the writer’s block.


33, Can you write on demand and under pressure, or do you need time and space before the creativity starts to flow?


I don’t do well writing under pressure at all.


Deadlines are my biggest flaw.

34, How supportive are your family of your work?

My family LOVE my job and what I’ve accomplished and couldn’t be any more supportive.


35, Are there any places in the world you would love to do a book tour that you have not yet had a chance?


Paris. Although I’ve been, I’d love to go back and do a tour there. It’s an amazingly beautiful place.


36, who is your favourite Football team?


American football or Soccer? I don’t follow American Football but


I support Manchester United soccer team.


37, is there a place you would love to do a book event that you haven’t already been to?


Vegas or Hawaii.


38, How supportive are your family when you travel world to do book signings?

They’re AMAZING. Especially my husband.


39, what are you afraid of?

The dark, leaving this world without making some


 form of change, moths.

40, what is your favourite colour?


Scarlet Red.


BAD BOY SERIES ALL OUT NOW


FINDING YOU

FINDING ME

FINDING US


No comments:

Post a Comment