I am a wife and a mother of three.

07/10/2015

Damian Clark

with
Damian J Clark



Hi Damian , tell us a little about yourself?

Hi Louise.. I am a pretty simple story.. I was raised in Southern California, enjoyed sports, music and girls growing up.. I have been married and have two beautiful daughters. I currently live in Missouri and have begun a few new things in my life including becoming an Author..


 What is your favourite movie?

I would have to say my favorite movie/s are the Underworld series.. I am a big fan of Shifters and Vampire stories, that is one of the best I’ve seen in a long time.

Are you a action, horror or Romance movie type of man?

I am more action and romance than horror.. I have had some spooky life experiences and beliefs when it comes to the world and some horror movies just hit too close to home.


   What is your favourite colour?

Royal Purple, its dark and relaxing.. reminds me of midnight.

What star sign are you?

I am a proud and solid Taurus.

What is your ring tone on your phone?

I change it often, but currently the entrance theme to the Legion of Doom from WWE

What do your family think about you writing and have they read any of your work?

My family thinks it is awesome. I am not sure how many of them have read it, but I gave my parents an autographed copy.


  Are you any good in the kitchen and what is your specialiality ?

I am very good in the kitchen.. oh you mean food.. yes, I can cook and Teryaki Chicken and fried rice is my specialty.

What is your favorite food?

Meat. ☺

What is the most romantic thing you have done for a girl?

I arranged a candle light dinner, in a private room at Red Lobster. Afterward we went to a movie she had mentioned weeks prior (romance), then surprised her at home with a trail of rose petals to the bedroom complete with candles and mood music.


             What's the kinkiest thing you have done?

In my opinion, that was a marathon in, on, and around my car in the rain at a lake, parked in front of the houses along the lane.. It was dark, but we weren’t hiding.

There is a lot of BDSM books out now have you ever read any ?

Aside from 50 Shades which is tame compared to the 
real thing, no.

Have you ever entered in to the BDSM world for book research or personal reasons?

I think a healthy sex life is important to a good relationship. New experiences and new things to do and enjoy that bring forbidden pleasure are great to keep the spice up, so yes for personal reasons I have entered that world.


  When you write hot scenes in your book 
does it affect you?

Yes.

What's the best reaction you have had from your wife/girlfriend after she's read the hot scene in a book?

She blushed and then we played out the scene ourselves.



Do you have any tattoos or body piercings and what are they and where?

I have 5 tattoos, no piercings. Two tribal wolf paws on chest, a wolf head on each shoulder, and a tribal dragon covering most my back.


What do you think of tattoos on women?

Tattoos on a woman are hot. They show daring and individualism, a willingness to be herself and show the world her story.

What is the wildest thing you have done?

Outside of sex, that would be climbing cliffs.. The thrill and energy of doing something so stupid you can die from it just gets my heart racing.

What does a good night on the town 
mean to you?

Dinner, dancing, movie, drinks, fun.

What is your drink and do you have a 
favorite cocktail?

Spiced Rum is my drink, mixed with cherry cola, or shots.


What music would get you up on the dance floor and what would your wife/girlfriend say you danced like, ?

I like to dance to anything hip/hop with a good beat, opinions vary on my dance skills. I use dance as foreplay on a date and that kind of dance is hard to mess up.

Are the stories old ones you have saved or new?

My story is new. I am even trying to tell old stories in new ways.

What is your favorite genre to write?

Paranormal is my favorite. I love the fantasy world of Shifters, Witches, Vampires, Demons, Ghosts and all those things that go bump in the night.



Which one of your books was your  favorite to write?

I only have one done so far, half way with book 2 of my Shade of Dark Moon series, but I would say I am enjoying book 2 a little more, because it’s all action and sex instead of getting to know how things work.

When and why did you begin writing?

Several years ago and I started as a hobby.. I am a gamer and was writing a story for a game, not a book.. It just took off from there.

When did you first consider yourself a writer?

I first considered myself a writer when someone other than a friend or family actually bought my book.

What inspired you to write your first book?

Imagination inspired me. I wasn’t trying to write a book, but as I kept going the story evolved.

Do you have a specific writing style?

I like to write from the view of emotion and energy. The way an animal might view the world.

Who was the easiest character to write for and why and hardest and why?

The Main character, Horus Moriarty Wolf, is the easiest for me, he is like me in many ways. The hardest is Helene Lokken, she is all woman and power. As a guy, I’m not familiar with being that way and how it feels.

Which lead character is your personal favorite and why?

The Main is my favorite, because the story is about self-discovery, which is something I am still doing for myself.

If you could pick one of your books to be made into a movie which one would you choose and why?

That again goes to the first.. Only one done

Who would you cast for the movie?

I purposefully made the main character not the classic hero build. I’m not sure who I would cast. Perhaps I spend too much time writing now, and not enough time in the theatre.

What was your favorite book as a child?

Green Eggs and Ham.

How did you come up with the title?

The title is a play on words.. I thought about it during an eclipse.

How much of the book is realistic?

That is subject to debate I’m sure.. I use some military experience and scientific knowledge, but in the end it is a work of fantasy.

 
Are experiences based on someone you know, or events in your own life?

Most of the experience of the characters is made up, the sex scenes on the other hand…

Have you ever binned a book when half way through thinking it wasn't good enough?

I have stopped writing several books when I was a lot younger.

What books have most influenced your 
life most?

I can’t really say any books have influenced my life.

If you had to choose, which writer would you consider a mentor?

I have read the most from Kim Harrison. I really got into her stories and the way she portrays the characters.

What book are you reading now?

I have several on hand, but as I am in write mode now, I steer away from reading so as not to reflect the writing and ideas of others in my book on accident.

Are there any new authors that have grasped your interest?

There are some other Independent Authors I have met whose books have caught my attention.

What are your current projects?

The Shade of Dark Moon series, and I have started a new series called Dark Savior.

Do you recall how your interest in writing originated?

I have been interested in writing most my life. When I started gaming when I was in Jr High, I started trying to write stories down. I was good at telling them with my friends for games, not good at writing them down.

Can you share a little of your current
 work with us?

“I love the feel of your aura after a fight, especially one you have lost. It’s so primal and energetic.” Helene said softly to me as she wrapped her arms around me and gazed into my honey brown eyes. I’m only five-six so she didn’t have to bend her neck much to make eye contact this close, but it was enough for me to notice a bead of sweat rolling down her neck.  As my gaze shifted she tilted her head just a little higher. I couldn’t wait and I moved, leading with my mouth wide open and teeth ready, to catch the little drop and bite my favorite spot on her neck. That’s why she is my curse.
Our auras erupted into each other. I have grown to like the feeling of that as well as the sight. I left my eyes open just long enough to see our auras mix as the sensation flooded my nerve endings. We were mingling power. Biting Helene’s neck was like throwing gas on a fire. 
She had all the thirsts a Vampire does, but is not undead, and the sensation of the bite sent her over the edge. Her nails dug right through the leather sparing vest I was wearing. As they dug into my back the sting sent ice cold shivers up and down my spine. Then I felt her teeth on my neck, she hadn’t extended her canines, and that caused heat to flood my nerves and the mix was intense.

Is there anything you find particularly challenging in your writing?

I find a lot of things challenging about it, might be why I like it so much.. hardest for me is grammar ☺

Who is your favorite author and what is it that really strikes you about their work?

I would say my favorite now is Kim Harrison.. I just enjoy how in depth her characters and stories are.

Who designed the covers?

Cover design by Angela Gulick|. Angela Gulick Design | www.angelagulickdesign.com

What was the hardest part of writing
 your book?

Editing it, over and over again

Do you have any advice for other writers?

Never give up, if you get stuck, walk away for a bit and talk to yourself in character and see where it takes you.

Do you have anything specific that you want to say to your readers?

Thank you for giving my book a chance.. I truly hope that you enjoy the story I have told and the stories to come.

Do you have any funny quirks or stories you would like to tell us about yourself?

English was my worst subject growing up. ☺

What do you like to do to keep fit?

Eat right, stay active.

What do you like to do when your not busy working and writing?

Practice the scenes I write to make sure they are good ;)

Are you a car or motorbike kind of guy?

I have each, but like most who ride, if I could go everywhere on the bike I would.

What is your favourite car?

1967 Mustang fast back

Where do you see you self in ten years time?

On a beach writing.

Thank you for joining me today you have 
been awesome.

Thank you very much for having me.

No comments:

Post a Comment