I am a wife and a mother of three.

24/05/2015

KIRSTY MOSELEY

AUTHOR INTERVIEW

WITH

KIRSTY MOSELEY


Please welcome the brilliant and talented author

Kirsty Moseley

****

 
Hi Kirsty,

Tell us a little about yourself?


I'm a daydreamer, chocoholic on the wrong side of twenty-five. I've been writing for a long time but it wasn't until 2010 that I first showed anyone any of my mind-ramblings. 



How would you describe your books?


New Adult romance/ love and sweet kisses. 



What genre is your work mainly?

Do you tend to stay in the same vein or are you hoping (If not already) to explore new ventures?


I usually stick to romance as I'm a romanticist at heart. However, I will be dabbling with some Young Adult fantasy in the near future. 



Share with us a quote from one of your favorite characters in your books?


He can't hurt me anymore, no one can, I have nothing left to lose.   ~ Anna Spencer, Nothing Left to Lose. 



Without giving anything away, what is/are your favorite scenes in your book(s)?


I loved creating DJ from Enjoying the Chase. He was based on my son, they were both four at the time I was writing the book so he literally is him, all of his mannerisms and sayings come from my baby.

Needless to say, he's my favorite character. 



Do you have any hobbies?


Reading, writing, playing PlayStation with my baby,

I like to bake but I'm actually pretty terrible at it! 



What book are you reading now?


I'm currently reading Phenomenal X by Michelle Valentine,

I just finished Rule by Jay Crownover. 



What are your current projects? 


New Adult romance with an action twist and a lot of emotion, sorry, can't say more than that! :P 



Who is your favourite author and what is it that really strikes you about their work?


JK Rowling and Stephen King are my all-time favourites. I love that they can create a world that immerses you entirely and you just don't want to leave. Their creativity leaves me in awe. 



Who designed the covers?


Mollie from M J Wilson design; she is absolutely fabulous.

I go to her with a vague idea and she makes them beautiful. 



Do you have anything specific that you want to say to your readers?


Just thank you SO much for your support, my followers are amazing. Every time they leave me stunned and staggered, love them all. 



What is your favourite genre to read?


 I love to read fantasy, young adult. I don't know why, but that is always my go-to genre when I need a read. 



How difficult is it to come up with one of your amazing plots?


Usually my plots just jump into my head at the most inopportune time! Normally when I don't have a note book, too, so I have to repeat it again and again in my head until I can write it down! 



How about characters? Are they easily born and developed?


An idea for a character usually comes along with the plot, however, they grow as you write the story, they're never fully formed when you first come up with it. 



How long does it take you to complete a novel from concept to completion?


Depends on the book and how much writers block kicks my butt. I would say about six months - I get distracted easily... :P



What was you first published piece?  And how was it to publish your first ever book?


The Boy Who Sneaks in My Bedroom Window was my first book, published in April 2012. The feeling of hitting publish was something I wasn't expecting, I was excited, of course, but mostly just pure terror!

That feeling never goes away no matter how many books you publish! 



Have you ever trashed a novel or story before or after finishing it, feeling it wasn't turning out as you planned?


Oh yeah, and that is not a nice feeling when you get so far into it and then just bin it all. 



Do you have a special time or place to write?


I only write during my little boy's school time. If he's here then I don't work. 



Which one of your awesome books would you like to see made in to a movie?


‘Nothing Left to Lose’ probably would be my first choice.

It has a lot of action in it, plus, seeing hot guys in SWAT uniforms make it a pretty good choice! 



What is your favourite band or artist?

 Beyonce



Can you write on demand and under pressure, or do you need time and space before the creativity starts to flow?

I don't like to write under pressure. Deadlines scare me! 



How would you overcome writers block?


Usually I just wait it out, it's hard, I'm struggling with it right now actually. :( 



THANK YOU KIRSTY FOR A AWESOME INTERVIEW.



YOU CAN FIND ALL OF KIRSTY'S BOOK ON AMAZON NOW AND SHE WILL

ALSO BE AT THE BRITISH BOOK AFFIAR 18TH APRIL 2015, TICKETS ARE AVALIBLE FROM EVERBRITE NOW.

No comments:

Post a Comment